1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear spring TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Barry J, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Jul 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    Barry J

Barry J [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    isn't the TSB for "bottoming out" and not for squeaks???? Mine squeaks but I have not noticed any bottoming out yet, but I have yet to haul anything heavy.
    Will the stealership still do the TSB???
    What should I tell them???
    Thanks

2. Jul 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is one for squeaking too iirc.

They might do it...They might make it a pain....You gotta ask them, not us, to find out.

3. Jul 3, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    Barry J

Member:
    Massachusetts
    whats the TSB number for the squeaks, for a 2008?????
    Figured I would ask the people on the forum, about their experience, that's why I asked here first!!!

4. Jul 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    IDK what the number is....There is a thread with a list of all the TSBs.

Everyone here will tell you something different....Some folks feel the TSB should be done on every truvk and that you should burn the dealership down if they say no....Me...i had no major issues getting it. It's based alt on the dealer and your truck (What year do you have??)

5. Jul 3, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    Barry J

Member:
    Massachusetts
    2008, and I don't remember seeing one for squeaks for the 2008, just for the bottoming out problem

6. Jul 3, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    If it's still under warranty..Take it in anyways. There doesn't have to be a TSB for them to fix the issue.

if it squeaks and it shouldn't...Ask them to look a it. I'm lazy and it's your truck...so I'm not in the mood to look up the squeak TSB right now...Sorry bro

7. Jul 3, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    jholland52

jholland52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bothell WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Trimmed mud flaps, blue headlights and fog lights, flowmaster muffler, K&N drop in filter.... plenty more to come!
    i just called and asked them if they knew about it and they said yes and asked if i was having trouble bottoming out or anything and i just said yes, (even though i wasn't) they didn't ask any other questions or anything just did it... good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top