1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory DC roof rack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JJK, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Dec 4, 2007 at 3:17 PM
    JJK

JJK [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 DC
    TrueTrac Limited Slip
    Hi guys -
    Do any of you guys have any long term experience using this rack to carry a canoe or other stuff?
    I just got the 08 DC I’ve been using mine this season to carry a 58lb SportsPal hunting canoe and it seems very solid once the canoe is strapped down tight. I haven’t had any problems. It’s rated for 100lbs but I bet I reach that amount of pressure once it is strapped down. I can grab the canoe and rock the truck without moving the canoe or noticing any play in the rack.
    Not really thrilled with the way the cross bars snap into place but like I said – No problems so far –
    How is your rack holding up to real use??
    Thanks!
    JJK

2. Dec 4, 2007 at 8:01 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Wish I could help, cant. I had a Thule on a previous truck and I NEVER doubted the integrity. I may be mistaken but check the gallery for BIGGEEDEE67, I think he has the rack you speak of. :bored:

3. Dec 4, 2007 at 11:09 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i didnt even know you could get roof racks for these trucks...i learn something new everyday, too bad most of it isn't related to my daily life in any way lol

Products Discussed in

To Top