Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Factory DC roof rack

Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
JJK is on a distinguished road
JJK's Tacoma Gallery
Factory DC roof rack

Hi guys -
Do any of you guys have any long term experience using this rack to carry a canoe or other stuff?
I just got the 08 DC Iíve been using mine this season to carry a 58lb SportsPal hunting canoe and it seems very solid once the canoe is strapped down tight. I havenít had any problems. Itís rated for 100lbs but I bet I reach that amount of pressure once it is strapped down. I can grab the canoe and rock the truck without moving the canoe or noticing any play in the rack.
Not really thrilled with the way the cross bars snap into place but like I said Ė No problems so far Ė
How is your rack holding up to real use??
Thanks!
JJK
Old 12-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could help, cant. I had a Thule on a previous truck and I NEVER doubted the integrity. I may be mistaken but check the gallery for BIGGEEDEE67, I think he has the rack you speak of.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
i didnt even know you could get roof racks for these trucks...i learn something new everyday, too bad most of it isn't related to my daily life in any way lol