1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension TSB not listed for the 08 - done today on my 08 DC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JJK, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Dec 4, 2007 at 3:42 PM
    JJK

JJK [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 DC
    TrueTrac Limited Slip
    Guys – If you have the 08 – (I know it’s not listed as covered in the TSB) – Go ahead and ask your dealer to do it for you if you want it.
    My dealer did it for me – No issues. He was pretty surprised that Toyota is still building these trucks with the old springs.
    I wonder how many times Toyota is willing to lose any profit made on these trucks before they decide to build them with the new springs and shocks in the first place? – My guess is that a very small percentage of users ask for it.
    They are charging Toyota around 1500.00 for this work – I wonder what Toyota makes in profit per truck.

BTW – It rides nice with the TSB – Stiffer for sure but still nice. Not much sag at all with my neighbors riding snow blower loaded up.
    I’ll test it this weekend with all my duck hunting crap and 3 guy in the back seat on some nasty terrain, - Pre TSB it would bottom out.

JJK

2. Dec 4, 2007 at 3:51 PM
    CAPITAL_ROB

CAPITAL_ROB Member

Member:
    CHATSWORTH
    Vehicle:
    STOCK TACOMA JUST GOT IT
    JUST A TIE DOWN BAR I MADE FOR MY SPORTBIKE FOR NOW. LOOKING INTO TURBO

I HAVE THE 2007 MODEL, NON PRE RUNNER AND NON TRD AND NON SR5. DOES MINE STILL QUALIFY ? I WAS LOOKING AT THE TSB AND IT ONLY LISTED 2005 AND 2006 SR5 MODEL.

3. Dec 4, 2007 at 4:15 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    non-prerunners arent covered as far as i know, but 07 prerunners and trd's are

4. Dec 4, 2007 at 5:14 PM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    Where I can find the TSB document or information? so I can go to my local dealer and have my 08 TRD sport checked.

Thanks,

5. Dec 4, 2007 at 5:28 PM
    JJK

JJK [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 DC
    TrueTrac Limited Slip
  6. Dec 5, 2007 at 6:30 AM
    mvega1969

mvega1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laredo
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tacoma DC LB 4X4 TRD Off Road.
    Thanks, How did you aproach the dealer in order to present your complaint?

Regards.

7. Dec 5, 2007 at 8:10 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I was under the impression they fixed this for the 08's? i guess not

8. Dec 5, 2007 at 4:44 PM
    JJK

JJK [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 DC
    TrueTrac Limited Slip
    I sent them an email (customer relations at the dealer – also Toyota via this link -http://toyota.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/toyota.cfg/php/enduser/ask_intercept.php) with a copy of the TSB to the dealer
    I told them I found the TSB while looking for solutions to my problem with a heavy load. Explained that I never had said problem with my Ranger that I traded to them - with the same load on the same road.
    I had just purchased the truck and I had yet to fill out my dealer survey so perhaps that had something to do with them helping me out. To be honest – They have been great.
    Good Luck
    JJK

9. Dec 5, 2007 at 5:39 PM
    baldtaco

baldtaco Active Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 DblCab, Prerunner, TRD, Offroad
    Toytec 3" lift, 885 coils, AAL leafs, BFG 285/70/17 A/T's, XD 797 Spy Wheels, Billet grille, Debadged
    Don't want to sound to dumb here even though I know I do but what is a TSB?

10. Dec 5, 2007 at 6:00 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    tech service bulletin.....basically they dont deem it to be a recall, so they put that out so if someone complains then it gets fixed, but if not then toyota gets to sit w/ more money in their pockets by not paying for it to get done...just my thoughts...haha

11. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:55 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    So after finally getting about 400 pounds into the bed (hoping that Toyota might have fixed the issue but not posted a new TSB with the production fix listed) I had the standard issue. Called the dealer I got mine from in Richmond, VA (about 50 min from me) and spoke with a service rep. She told me that it was a no-go until the '08 was listed on the TSB.

I'm not the type to take it out on her. She did what she knows how to do. Read the document and make a literal translation, no analysis necessary.

Next day I call in and have the switch board connect me to the service manager on duty. I politely explain the issue, that I've seen it discussed on several forums, give him the TSB #s and my info. He calls back and explains that the TSB doesn't have it listed but he checked with his tech manual and there was no mechanical difference between the 07 and the 08 so he'd get in touch with the factory rep to make sure the TSB would work for my truck.

I just got the call this morning (started talking with service manager yesterday afternoon) and the parts are on order. He told me that the factory rep asked him to pass on to me the fact that the ride would be a little more harsh and that the parts are on national backorder but he'll call as soon as they're in and we'll set up the appt. Good stuff all around.

12. Dec 6, 2007 at 3:50 PM
    Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07_4x4_Access Cab_V-6_Manual-6_Silver Mica
    None yet
    I called my dealer service manager and talked it over with her. I let her know I had a problem with the suspension feeling inadequate and let her know I knew of a TSB on it. She said she would check my VIN # etc. and call me back. She called shortly later and said the parts were ordered. No problems with the dealeship. They have been great.

13. Dec 7, 2007 at 11:39 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    it's good to see that most of the toyota dealers are good to deal with when it comes to this stuff, mine was great...

14. Dec 8, 2007 at 7:39 AM
    106Tacoma

106Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 06 Black Sand Pearl 4x4 Every option.
    There making me fill my truck up or tow my boat there to see it before they tuch it, That will not happen as im calling toyota direct and telling them i should not have to do this to get my truck fixed.

15. Dec 8, 2007 at 1:26 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    hell yea, and toyota direct will MAKE them just order the parts. calling in is the best way to get it done when the dealer is being stubborn

16. Dec 8, 2007 at 1:39 PM
    omar11omar

omar11omar SD TACO

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma preRunner d-cab
    None, YET!
    Im about to purchase an '06 d-cab Pre-Runner TRD, should I be concerned with this?

17. Dec 8, 2007 at 1:52 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    it's not an absolute must-have if you are towing or carrying much in the bed, but it is nice to have it because the warranty does cover the entire thing, and it'll lift the ass-end up about an inch to 1 1/2".

18. Dec 8, 2007 at 1:54 PM
    omar11omar

omar11omar SD TACO

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    None, YET!
    I plan on loading a quad which is somewhere around 400Lbs, do you think I would need it?????????

19. Dec 8, 2007 at 1:56 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    i had an 06 honda trx450r, the bed never sagged down or bottomed out with the quad, some gear, and a ramp in there...but the TSB is kinda one of those "might as well since it's free" ordeals, you know what i mean? why not get it, it's free and it's cool

20. Dec 8, 2007 at 2:21 PM
    omar11omar

omar11omar SD TACO

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    None, YET!
    If Its Free, Its For Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top