Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bas News Very Bad News

Old 12-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #41
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
next time i buy used i will have it checked at the toyota dealer,well atleast my new diff came in today bout 1:30 truck should be ready to go tommorrow afternoon. i am very tempted to buy a new 1 . but i just hate to put a new truck in the oilfield. i dont abuse or neglect my truck but its still hard on 1 . i have yet to hve a truck that will last over 2 years in it. an i mean at 2 years it is really wore out everything is .with i cood lease 1 but i put to many miles on it for that.
David, how about this, drive this one for a little while and see how it holds up. If it starts becoming a garage regular, then maybe start looking for a newer one, maybe a one year old, low miles, let the original purchaser take the first hit, meanwhile if it's possible hold on to this one, and slowly work it back into shape.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #42
david is an unknown quantity at this point
david's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty much what i was thinkin cuz i need a spare truck ,cuz that truck has got to roll if it dont go we dont make any money .this has been the most expensive week that i have ever had ,im only 37 years old. im gonna be off tommorrow by now we are in the repair plus lost wages are gonna be a helluva blow.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #43
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
David, how about this, drive this one for a little while and see how it holds up. If it starts becoming a garage regular, then maybe start looking for a newer one, maybe a one year old, low miles, let the original purchaser take the first hit, meanwhile if it's possible hold on to this one, and slowly work it back into shape.
yea, you're already having to put money into it so you might as well drive it as long as you can before it has any major problems, you'll be kind of our high mileage guinea pig, that way we can all see if our trucks will make it to 400k miles lol
Old 12-07-2007, 07:13 AM   #44
david's Tacoma Gallery
lol thanks.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #45
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David, all the pioneers of our time went through some tough times, but what made them pioneers was the fact that they survived. I emplore you to do the very same, don't let that scumbag who sold that truck to you to get over on you. Bare down like a goal line stance and punch them in the mouth, this job sounds like it has potential to really reward you financially, even more than that, will show you and everyone else that you have what it takes. This B.S that you are going through is bigger than a rank truck, this is the test, this could possibly decide how it goes from here, it's up to you. I wish you the very best, Drive on !
Old 12-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #46
david's Tacoma Gallery
thanks alot jedi
Old 12-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #47

Quote:
David, all the pioneers of our time went through some tough times, but what made them pioneers was the fact that they survived. I emplore you to do the very same, don't let that scumbag who sold that truck to you to get over on you. Bare down like a goal line stance and punch them in the mouth, this job sounds like it has potential to really reward you financially, even more than that, will show you and everyone else that you have what it takes. This B.S that you are going through is bigger than a rank truck, this is the test, this could possibly decide how it goes from here, it's up to you. I wish you the very best, Drive on !
damn jedi, we could use your "force" in the alliance...you have a way of talking that is somewhat hitler-ish, but in a good way lol
Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
damn jedi, we could use your "force" in the alliance...you have a way of talking that is somewhat hitler-ish, but in a good way lol
I am just posturing myself, slowly but surely collecting a strong and willful team of followers, and then a groundswell will arise and then...
I'll fall on my ass, like I always do ! DOH !
Old 12-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #49
david's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 12-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #50

Quote:
I am just posturing myself, slowly but surely collecting a strong and willful team of followers, and then a groundswell will arise and then...
I'll fall on my ass, like I always do ! DOH !
haha, hey are you gunna be getting down to NC for the meet in the spring?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #51
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Holy hell! I thought I was bad putting 30k on in the first year!! 105k in just under 2 years? damn..... just damn....

The front diff should run you around $1600 by itself (had mine replaced under warranty), but I have no idea what else you need for the install or what else needs to be replaced.

Still, if nothing else is wrong with it you could potentially drop another $5-$10k and still be under the price of a new truck.

Although, one has to wonder what else is wrong with it.... High mileage in a short time, and already lots of broken key components.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #52

Quote:
haha, hey are you gunna be getting down to NC for the meet in the spring?
Yeah I think so, I have lots of friends and family in the area, just depends if I am in he middle of a project at work.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 PM   #53

Quote:
Yeah I think so, I have lots of friends and family in the area, just depends if I am in he middle of a project at work.
if u do have a project going on, i'll send you a small yellow tag that says "on hold" and that should cover u bro
Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 PM   #54
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=piercedtiger;40445]Holy hell! I thought I was bad putting 30k on in the first year!! 105k in just under 2 years? damn..... just damn....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Slightly off topic, but my neighbor up the road has company for the holidays, that has an 06 MB/Dodge Sprinter Motorhome; incomplete chassis built 12-05, motorhome and chassis completed and purchased and put into service 03-06. Water pump is leaking; and I was asked if I knew of a source, my reply was; is it still under warranty? Answer was no, we have 327,000 miles on it already My question (I didn't ask) was/is how do you see the USA while driving almost 24/7?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #56
david's Tacoma Gallery
well good news guys kinda, my truck will be ready in the mornin i am gonna get the rental off my back an get my baby back.am not lookin forward to the bill tho. i had to end up buying used front diff 30k on it ,with a 1 year warranty on all parts an labor then i had to buy 2 new front axles, had the tranny an rear diff serviced ,an had a new belt tenioner an belt put on . will update an post a pic when i get her home. wish me luck.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #58
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
well good news guys kinda, my truck will be ready in the mornin i am gonna get the rental off my back an get my baby back.am not lookin forward to the bill tho. i had to end up buying used front diff 30k on it ,with a 1 year warranty on all parts an labor then i had to buy 2 new front axles, had the tranny an rear diff serviced ,an had a new belt tenioner an belt put on . will update an post a pic when i get her home. wish me luck.
I wish you the best. This can hopefully be the start of a long and prosperous relationship between you and your toy.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I wish you the best. This can hopefully be the start of a long and prosperous relationship between you and your toy.
yea, thats what i meant to say but i've eaten a few too many paint chips in the last twenty minutes
Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #60
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea, thats what i meant to say but i've eaten a few too many paint chips in the last twenty minutes
Find a new job, eh? Paint chip taster.