1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tricky, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Jul 6, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    Tricky

Tricky [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmetto, Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DC
    Anytime Fog Lights Bakflip HD Billstein 5100's Blacked Out Scoop Debadged FJ62 TOYOTA Smile Grillcraft Upper & Lower K&N Intake Magnaflow Cat-Back OEM Roof Rack Pioneer Speaker Upgrade Redline Hood Struts Slimcubby's HIDs Toytec 1.5 AAL
    I found a 1st gen Magnaflow cat back with 4 months of use on CL for $200 and am wondering if anyone has ever tried fitting it to a 2nd gen. My truck is an '09 Double Cab 4x4. The mentioned exhaust is coming off of an '01 Ext. Cab 4x4. I looked at the installation instructions and it seems like it will work, but just hoping someone out there has done this before.

Also I'd like to thank everyone out there for all the great DIY/Cheap mod posts. I did the fog lights, trailer connect, and grill blackout. I think I'm hooked. I'll post pics sometime, but other than the mentioned mods and a K&N 63 intake I'm stock.

I have attached the install sheets if anyone cares to take the time to look.

Take care.

Attached Files:

2. Jul 6, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Don't know much about the Magnaflow, but a lot of people here swear by them. I've never heard anything bad about them:)

3. Jul 6, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    I doubt that would work. Seem like it would be too short.

Why not just buy a Magnaflow muffler and put it on the OEM pipes? It would be cheaper and sound and perform just as good.

Products Discussed in

To Top