Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhaust Question

Old 07-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Tricky is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Tricky's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Question

I found a 1st gen Magnaflow cat back with 4 months of use on CL for $200 and am wondering if anyone has ever tried fitting it to a 2nd gen. My truck is an '09 Double Cab 4x4. The mentioned exhaust is coming off of an '01 Ext. Cab 4x4. I looked at the installation instructions and it seems like it will work, but just hoping someone out there has done this before.

Also I'd like to thank everyone out there for all the great DIY/Cheap mod posts. I did the fog lights, trailer connect, and grill blackout. I think I'm hooked. I'll post pics sometime, but other than the mentioned mods and a K&N 63 intake I'm stock.

I have attached the install sheets if anyone cares to take the time to look.

Take care.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 15811.pdf (902.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf 16625.pdf (591.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know much about the Magnaflow, but a lot of people here swear by them. I've never heard anything bad about them
Old 07-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt that would work. Seem like it would be too short.

Why not just buy a Magnaflow muffler and put it on the OEM pipes? It would be cheaper and sound and perform just as good.