Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

black housing headlights

Old 07-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
black housing headlights

Anyone ordered from advacedjdmparts.com?

http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/zoom...roductid=20534

And I have heard mixed stories about these being legal in Texas, anyone have any experience with that.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
You can do the same thing at home with a little patience. It's really not that hard. I know from experience that aftermarket head and tail lights is of less quality than oem. The only thing I can see that would not make this legal is the reflector on the side where the 194 bulbs go.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I have had bad experiences with aftermarket headlights not fitting correctly and looking less than oem in the past. I might look on ebay to see if someone has done the mod to a oem housing. JDM lights seem to be the most popular on ebay.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
similar

I got a pair similar to those from neweggmall.com for $98 shipped. They fit perfectly and work fine. Only problem I had was changing out the main bulb from mine which was very minor. (the spring that holds the buld in was a bit too long. just clip it a little bit and it should pop out no problem). If you do order them, make sure you inspect the light and adjusters to make sure there are no defects in the housing.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Anyone ordered from advacedjdmparts.com?

http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/zoom...roductid=20534

And I have heard mixed stories about these being legal in Texas, anyone have any experience with that.
I did a lot of research before ordering some myself. Those might not be legal. Look for some with the amber reflector. Like these-- http://www.statracing.com/images/store/anzo/121191.jpg
I paid like 260 with shipping. Look at pics in my gallery.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
those look nice and they are more expensive than the black headlights on ebay. If they look better I do not mind paying a little more. Is Anzo a good brand?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
I did a lot of research before ordering some myself. Those might not be legal. Look for some with the amber reflector. Like these-- http://www.statracing.com/images/store/anzo/121191.jpg
I paid like 260 with shipping. Look at pics in my gallery.
i paid $4 and got the same thing....
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
i paid $4 and got the same thing....

Lol yeah, I tried the bhlm a while back and failed..could never pry the two damn halves apart. Also my parents weren't too fond of me sticking my lights in the oven. lol. So I figured it was easiest to buy some