Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seeking side molding suggestions

Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
zhangxy0526 is on a distinguished road

zhangxy0526's Tacoma Gallery
Seeking side molding suggestions

Which one looks better on a blue taco? Painted original, black or chrome?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
chrome is never the answer
Old 07-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
I do tend to rule that out first. A picture will definitely help a lot. The thing is all the vendors I found are online. And for some reason, they show white, silver, red, black much more than blue.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
there are some blacked out swb on here and they look great, i think white and blue look this best blacked out out of our color choices, just pops more
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Color matched is the way to go

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-one-i-do.html
Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
color matched does look better and now i know what u were talking about, oops
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
sierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura about
sierra141's Tacoma Gallery
Molding....

Here is mine it sure helps with door dings when you go to the store.
I have the toyota factory molding.
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking side molding suggestions-dscn2390.jpg   Seeking side molding suggestions-dscn2389.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra141 View Post
that color is sweet
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Looks good But I still prefer the color-matched style
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #10

I think color matched is safer. Black only looks better when the quality of the material is good.

P.S. You signature is very cute. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
sierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Thanks man its a little different.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #12

nice~~

Yours looks great!

So the factory black molding have a better texture quality than others?

My major concern for black is that a plain rubber molding without polymer-like texture gonna look really cheap ...

Quote:
Old 07-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
Molding

Check out the ones from toyota go see it in person I think you would like the quality.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Check out the ones from toyota go see it in person I think you would like the quality.

Does toyota offer side moldings for tacomas? I don't even know that. So I should stop by a dealer for it?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #15
Air Force:
My opinion, the stock base black side moulding wouldn't look too good on your speedway blue truck.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #16

Lightbulb

Quote:
My opinion, the stock base black side moulding wouldn't look too good on your speedway blue truck.
My wife said so too. I'm red/green color deficiency so I never had much confidence in judging how something looks. I tend to agree with your opinion.

I find only one vendor selling color matched side moldings for 2nd gen tacoma. They are on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Paint...A1%7C72%3A1171 . Anyone had any experience with this vendor? $150 per pair is kinda expensive ...
Old 07-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #17

Thumbs up saw your old posts

Quote:

Stevie, I searched your old posts and you mentioned that you bought your color matched moldings from a ebay store. The company is actually Dawn Enterprises, right? I saw the big picture and they look really nice. I think I'm going to get the same thing. :-)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangxy0526 View Post
Stevie, I searched your old posts and you mentioned that you bought your color matched moldings from a ebay store. The company is actually Dawn Enterprises, right? I saw the big picture and they look really nice. I think I'm going to get the same thing. :-)
Yeah...Dawn enterprises is who made mine. I got them quick. I also think i paid more for mine back in 07. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed. I had the Toyota black one's on my truck initially, but they fell off within a week. I probably put them on wrong. Much happier with the one's I goy now.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Yeah...Dawn enterprises is who made mine. I got them quick. I also think i paid more for mine back in 07. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed. I had the Toyota black one's on my truck initially, but they fell off within a week. I probably put them on wrong. Much happier with the one's I goy now.
Thanks! Placed my order. :-)
Old 07-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
I agree