Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bike mount bed rail system accessory

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
jetmagnum is on a distinguished road
jetmagnum's Tacoma Gallery
Bike mount bed rail system accessory

I have an 09 and i would like to get one of the bike fork mounts for the bed rail system that toyota makes. Does anyone have the part number for it?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Gimme some mud n ull have a good time
sil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sil3ncer7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sil3ncer7
There are 2 kinds. One that mounts to the cleat, and 1 that physically bolts on to the runners (fits both the Tacoma and Tundra)
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you can get them from www.trdparts4u.com but it seems that most people are not very happy with them.

There are many threads about this, but here is one that should give you some ideas

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ttachment.html
Old 07-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
It appears that trdparts4u no longer carries it.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Gimme some mud n ull have a good time
sil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sil3ncer7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sil3ncer7
My dad bought PTS08-34070

http://www.findlaytoyotaparts.com/Pr..._4_290557.html

After I bought my Specialized I was looking at his mount for security and I am almost certain it fits the Tacoma "If it has the bed rail kit"..
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Someone else had listed these from Rocky Mounts.
http://www.orsracksdirect.com/rocky-...bike-rack.html
Old 07-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Finch Taco will become famous soon enough

Finch Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Rocky Mounts... no problems at all!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
Habitual line-stepper
elevin is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
elevin's Tacoma Gallery
After reading about these previously, I went to a local bike shop here in S. Fla, and bought 2 of the fork skewer mounts meant for bolting to metal or wood (18 bucks each). Without cutting or modding anything, I went to the hardware store and bought 4- 1 1/2" macine screws (1/4" thick), 12 1 inch fender washers w/ 3/8 holes already in them, 4 small washers, 4 lock washers, and 4 nuts (not nylock lock nut style). all hardware is stainless. I stacked 3 fender washers on the end of the screws and slid em' in the front bed track. then I slid the mount on (skewer on outer edge of truck for easier load/unloading), then the small washers, then the lock washers, then the nuts. You just snug em' a little, and there is no slop/ wiggling at all. Use a ratchet strap thru the rear wheel(s) of the bikes and you are done! This I learned from a forum member, but didn't have to cut, file or mod anything. Hope this helps, Eric!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the Rockymounts.I'm very happy with mine.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #11
MWilliamson will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 1st. Lt.; Medically Retired
MWilliamson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
this is what I have ... lockable and out of the way. Three bike across.

How far is the fork bracket from the edge of the bed rail? I want to do something like this but not sure if I have enough room on the left or right of my tool chest.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #12
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
you can get them from www.trdparts4u.com but it seems that most people are not very happy with them.

There are many threads about this, but here is one that should give you some ideas

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ttachment.html
I have the one that mounts to the cleet. It's not very stable. Even though it's on the mount I still have to tie it down.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
Finch Taco will become famous soon enough

Finch Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A couple pictures of the Rocky Mounts for comparison if you haven't seen them before... I really like the locking quick release.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
better than this .. lol

better than this... lol

this is what I have...

& a factory cleat on the bed rail system as well.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #15
would it look crappy to mount my 36" tool chest a little off center so I can utilize one of the rocky mount rail bike mounts on one side??
Old 07-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #16
b/c then if i forget to lock the chest someone could easily open it up and unbolt the mount and steal the bike. At least that's my thinking...!
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #17
richkev is on a distinguished road
Navy: Hospital Corpsman 3rd Marine Division
richkev's Tacoma Gallery
front tire

Just curious... I like the Rocky Mount. Where do you guys store your front wheel? Do you just lay it down in the back, or do they also make a tire mount?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this is what I have ... lockable and out of the way. Three bike across.

better than this .. lol
I like those! http://cgi.ebay.com/Lockable-Bicycle-Fork-Mount-Bike-Tight-Carrier-Rack_W0QQitemZ290326316097QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycli ng_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4398cc0441&_trksid=p 3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1 |294%3A50
Old 07-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Taco View Post
A couple pictures of the Rocky Mounts for comparison if you haven't seen them before... I really like the locking quick release.

What did you use to bolt it on there