1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing back seats for sub install?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dixiedeerslaya, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jul 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    dixiedeerslaya

dixiedeerslaya [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok, so ive built a box for my sub and amp.... And it fits like a glove... But i think it would be much easier to remove the 60% side of the seat to have a little bit more room for the install process....... So does anyone have a link to a step by step or any info on removing the back seat? Seems like i have read it on here before, but i cant find it....

Thanks!

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    pull seat down grab a socket wrench with a 12 mm socket, lefty loosy the two bolts on each side of seat take seat out of truck, set aside... reverse steps for install

3. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    Hmm..so its that easy huh?> thanks for makin me look like a dumb ass... Haha.. I was wrassling with that thing last night at 11:00 and didnt have good light.... I thought it was harder than that....

Thanks....

4. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    dont listen to Burg your gonna need a blow torch, crow bar a 12 pack of beer and band aides.. your gonna have to melt the bolts to goo then pry the seat out.. in the process drinking heavly.. and applying bandaids as needed.. then do your install. then re attach seats and melt bolts back over holes.. seat my rattle and move a little but hey its more fun that just lefty loosey righthy tighty..

FYI.. Dont do this.. and try to blame me for you being a dumb ass and actually thinking it was a good idea

5. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    prae

prae Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 SR5 BSP DCLB
    Bilstein 5100s, eibach springs, AAL, TRD anthracite FJC rims, PIAA Fogs, Pace-Edwards hard rolling tonneau
    yes, it's that easy. You could remove every single seat in that thing in less than an hour, no experience necessary.

6. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    thats what i was thinking.... However the 12 pack of beer will be included in either process.... I just kinda like burgs a little better:)

7. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    obviously some sort of experience is necessary as he posted this thread :p

8. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    HEY HEY NOW....I DID BUILD MY OWN BOX... AND IT LOOKS DAMN GOOD IF I DO SAY SO MY SELF... LOOK FOR SOME PICS IN THE AUDIO VIDEO FORUM AFTER THE INSTALL TOMORROW OR MONDAY.... IT WAS JUST LATE LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS MESSIN WITH IT.... THEN TODAY I DECIDED, *HEY I SHOULD JUST TAKE THAT DAMN SEAT OUT AND GO AHEAD AND MOUNT THE BOX AND AMP BEFORE I TAKE IT TO THE INSTALLER.... SO I POSTED THIS DUMB ASS THREAD BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS HARDER THAN IT WAS...

SOME EXPIERIENCE IS REQUIRED.... YOU GOTTA BE ABLE TO TURN A WRENCH:p

9. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    j/k will be looking for the pic tho, u got any of it unistalled to hold us off until Mon.

10. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    Damn.... I just went and looked at it... I know why i thouhgt it was so hard last night.... Haha well i was on beer number 6 or 7 by the time i got to that part but thats beside the point..... I was trying to go in from the side of the hinge part... There is a big stud looking thing there... Last night i thought that was some kind of cap over the bolt of somethin, and i tried to pry it off and everything else.... But now i see.. Pop the two little plastic covers off the back of the seat, and the two bolts are staring you in the face....

Hope yall got a kick out of this thread... Haha

i dont have any pics right now.... But i will for sure either friday afternoon or monday:thumbsup:

11. Jul 10, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    Pics added in the audio video section

Products Discussed in

To Top