Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New shocks, new tires, and new tunes

Old 12-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
o.b. is on a distinguished road

o.b.'s Tacoma Gallery
New shocks, new tires, and new tunes

Installed new bilsteins 5100 adjustable shocks set at 1.75", got my dunglops replaced under warranty with new some 275/70r16 yokohama geolander at-s and installed a new in dash dvd player. Early christmas for me.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.b. View Post
Installed new bilsteins 5100 adjustable shocks set at 1.75", got my dunglops replaced under warranty with new some 275/70r16 yokohama geolander at-s and installed a new in dash dvd player. Early christmas for me. I working on the pics right now.

sounds good man!! so, how do the yokohamas ride??? should be really good for some off road fun!!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #3

o.b.'s Tacoma Gallery
The tires are p rated so they ride smooth. The shocks are awesome.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
how'd u get the tires replaced w/ a different model under warranty?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #6

o.b.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
how'd u get the tires replaced w/ a different model under warranty?
The toyota dealer blew me off and sent me to discount tire. They wanted to replace with the same brand, but I asked if I could upgrade. They said yes and I would have to pay the difference. The sucky thing is that those dunlops were only $63. I only paid $311 for all new tires.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
geez...cheap tires they put on....my stocks from tirerack.com are listed as being on special for $114 a piece.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #9
das56170 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st Lieutenant
das56170's Tacoma Gallery
did you install the bilstein shocks yourself? if so, how difficult was it?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
Bill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the rough

Bill in Ky's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Really sweet, is there much highway song with those tires ?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #12

o.b.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by das56170 View Post
did you install the bilstein shocks yourself? if so, how difficult was it?
I did install the shocks by myself and I do not recommend it. I didn't have any directions so it was difficult. I winged it off the toytec installation on their website. I went to oreilley and loaned a spring compressor. That was the easy part. The hard part was getting the new assembly back in. I am very mechanically inclined and it took me 5.5hrs. If you try it have someone help you. And to answer concrete jedi the tires are quiet.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Looks good! Which DVD player is that? And can you post up some info about your front hitch (or point me to it if you've already posted it)? I've thought about doing one myself and wasn't sure how to mount it.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #14

o.b.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Looks good! Which DVD player is that? And can you post up some info about your front hitch (or point me to it if you've already posted it)? I've thought about doing one myself and wasn't sure how to mount it.
The DVD is a UV8 phase linear made by jensen. The reason I got that one is because you can bypass the parking brake switch and play it while you're driving. I paid $250 thanksgiving day at circuit city. I bought the hitch from jc whitney. It is a curt mfg. brand. I paid around $154 with a $40 coupon plus shipping. The hitch was an easy install, around 30 min.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #16
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The DVD is a UV8 phase linear made by jensen. The reason I got that one is because you can bypass the parking brake switch and play it while you're driving. I paid $250 thanksgiving day at circuit city. I bought the hitch from jc whitney. It is a curt mfg. brand. I paid around $154 with a $40 coupon plus shipping. The hitch was an easy install, around 30 min.
Thanks! The hitch just bolts up? No modification or fabrication? Seems to good to be true if it's just bolt on!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
hey i live about a half hour from JC Whitney's Warehouse/home base lol
Old 12-08-2007, 05:38 AM   #18
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Thanks! The hitch just bolts up? No modification or fabrication? Seems to good to be true if it's just bolt on!
Ignore that question! I found it on their site and it's custom made for the Tacoma... Must be something new because they didn't have anything like that when I looked last year.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...002324/c-10101
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I like those bilsteins, i'll be getting those whenver my TRD bilsteins wear out, but thats prollly gonna be a while