Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looks like the V6 08 isn't too hot.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
scubaman44 is on a distinguished road
scubaman44's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the V6 08 isn't too hot.

Has some problems, springs, stupid hood scoop (matter of opinion) and most likely somethings I do not know about. I am considering purchasing the 08. Didn't do it yet, just comparing the others....chevy, ford, dodge ect. I do know the 08 tacoma is pricey.

Wondering just what the 08 offers over the 07? Seems like the engine V6 is the same, interior the same..........and so on.

Need some guidance pals.........I can get one 08 for 27,500. decked out access cab. Would I be wasting my money?
Old 12-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
only complaint i've heard about a scoop was one...so far from a problem...and the 07 and 08 are the exact same...05+ actually
Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, the 08 is the same as the 07. If you care about fit and finish and resale value get the tacoma, otherwise stick with the domestic POS stuff.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Scuba,I'm 3 months into my '07 DC TRD and I couldn't be happier.I am a recent convert from a full-size domestic.My last truck's MSRP was $50,0200(CAD) and after 30 months and 46,000 kms,the dealer wouldn't give me $30,000 for it.The squeaks and clunks of my last one aside,the resale of the Toyota alone sold me.There's no disputing that the initial price is high,but I'm confident that I have made the right choice.I think you're on the right track by looking,learning and gathering info.For me the research into something I want is half the fun.Good luck and No,you will not be wasting your money buying a Tacoma.

Love my scoop too!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
scubaman44 is on a distinguished road
scubaman44's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Just

Thank you.......I will be looking around for a 07. Do not like the stupid scoop. Probably get a good deal on a 07 this late in the year.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaman44 View Post
Thank you.......I will be looking around for a 07. Do not like the stupid scoop. Probably get a good deal on a 07 this late in the year.
The scoop is not on the base truck. It's only on the TRD packages, you'll have the same issue on the '07. TRD packages on the '07 include the scoop to.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Welcome btw....Happy hunting.My kids were looking over my shoulder as I was typing and wanted to choose a smiley so......
Old 12-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Hey scuba, Like the other guys on TW I also have own just about every truck under the sun, the Tacoma is the best so far, and that is a tall order, squad314 is correct when he states that the hood scoop is on the TRD sport pkg, look at the sr5 pkg, i'm pretty sure you'll like that one, by the way, what are you looking for in a truck ? maybe we could help you out.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #9

Firefighter:
Actually jedi,it was Klown that pointed out about the scoop....Listen to these guys Scuba,they know what they're talking about.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I stand corrected, but I bet you knew that fact about the hood scoop didn't you.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
jhlazo8 is on a distinguished road
jhlazo8's Tacoma Gallery
01 4x4-06 prerunr trd off rd

I had an 01 xcab 4wd whose handling felt better than the 06 trd off rd double cab, can someone tell me why? peace Tacos for prez
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlazo8 View Post
I had an 01 xcab 4wd whose handling felt better than the 06 trd off rd double cab, can someone tell me why? peace Tacos for prez
When you say handle better, on road, or off road, highway speed, or in stop and go, in turns, or in the straights, at hard braking, or at hard acceleration, under a load, or empty, WHAT MAN WHAT!!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I stand corrected, but I bet you knew that fact about the hood scoop didn't you.
It's one of the very few things I did come here knowing,but I'm learning new Tacoma stuff every day.This place is great.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
It's one of the very few things I did come here knowing,but I'm learning new Tacoma stuff every day.This place is great.
It is really cool in here, I am also glad to be here, I am learning new stuff everyday like... sarcasm !
Old 12-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #15
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Hey scuba, you will love the Tacoma. You can always trade your scooped hood with someone who wants one. Hoods with scoops are very popular items. Welcome to the site.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaman44 View Post
Has some problems, springs, stupid hood scoop (matter of opinion) and most likely somethings I do not know about. I am considering purchasing the 08. Didn't do it yet, just comparing the others....chevy, ford, dodge ect. I do know the 08 tacoma is pricey.

Wondering just what the 08 offers over the 07? Seems like the engine V6 is the same, interior the same..........and so on.

Need some guidance pals.........I can get one 08 for 27,500. decked out access cab. Would I be wasting my money?
Go drive a Ford, GM, or Dodge. You'll be running to a Toyota dealer.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Ya never ask "Would I be wasting my money?" on a Tacoma forum.....

Whatta ya think we're all gonna say?

I have an 07 TRD sport Access cab - loaded up.

No complaints here - love my truck!! The only thing I was 'surprised' about - was I wanted a *fully loaded* truck and was amazed at the stuff it didn't come with (compared to other trucks).

That's OK - as I'm having fun adding stuff to it. That's all part of the fun. I paid invoice for mine last March $26,459 I think. I traded in a 2004 Dodge Ram w/ no financing (not that has anything to do with the price I paid - sometimes it does...???)
Old 12-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #18
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
the hood scoop has nothing to do with it being an 08. it comes on all trd sport packages.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #19
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
the hood scoop has nothing to do with it being an 08. it comes on all trd sport packages.
...and the X-Runners...