Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

nerf bars, Aries or Nashta

Old 12-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
wildman is on a distinguished road
wildman's Tacoma Gallery
nerf bars, Aries or Nashta

Looking at Nerf Bars, I'm probably going with the Aries Bull Bar, but I read that their Nerf Bars are only 2 1/2 " instead of 3". I'm afraid that the smaller bars would not be as strong, or look as good as 3". Any thoughts?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman View Post
Looking at Nerf Bars, I'm probably going with the Aries Bull Bar, but I read that their Nerf Bars are only 2 1/2 " instead of 3". I'm afraid that the smaller bars would not be as strong, or look as good as 3". Any thoughts?
I would definately stay 3" or larger.. I am still trying to find some bars that I like... waiting for Manik to begin production again... like their bars that have a 45 deg bend on each end.
Attached Thumbnails
nerf bars, Aries or Nashta-s_5024.jpg  
Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
n-fabs or sliders...
Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
n-fabs or sliders...
Well that's definitely an option. I would say that you'd have to figure out what you're doing with the truck. Will you be offroading? Go with sliders. Mall crawling daily driver like mine? Nerf bars.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
wildman is on a distinguished road
wildman's Tacoma Gallery
It's strictley on road. The only off road will be in the back yard. That's why I don't need sliders. Just nerfs to help protect from parking lot dings, and make it easier for wife to get in and out.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
waiting for Manik to begin production again... like their bars that have a 45 deg bend on each end.
i have a set of manik's and love them
Old 12-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #9
MKW is on a distinguished road

MKW's Tacoma Gallery

My vote would definately go to N-Fab nerf steps.
Mike
Old 12-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
the westins and aries, and some others barely sit lower than the floorboard. more of a nuisance stepping over them