Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Satoshi Adventure

Old 07-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi Adventure

Well got around to making a Satoshi grille this weekend. Wow that was a lot of work. Number one lesson learned...don't get fiberglass resin on your hands. Another lesson is if you think you're done sanding...you're probably wrong.

Anyway it's for sale now because I killed the little bit of a budget I did have for it and now I'm hurting for cash. But you better believe that I'll be modding my spare (currently going back on my truck) as soon as I have the time and funds to do so.

Not sure if it's cool or not to post a link for a sale in the general section. If it's against the rules I apologize but I might as well plug it while I'm telling my story and have your attention.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...e-05-09-a.html
Old 07-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Oh dude, you will sell that thing for sure!!! I bet you will get some good bids on it too!!! Just sucks that you are selling it.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Yeah it sucks, it looks so damn good on the truck but I spent way more than I should have. One thing that killed me is I had to buy a sander. I tried and tried to avoid it and do it by hand but there was no way I could have pulled it off.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznor88 View Post
Yeah it sucks, it looks so damn good on the truck but I spent way more than I should have. One thing that killed me is I had to buy a sander. I tried and tried to avoid it and do it by hand but there was no way I could have pulled it off.
Well its cool that you took the time to make one. Just sucks on the selling it part. Good luck with your future mods though brotha!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
why did you need a sander as opposed to hand sanding?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #8

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
why did you need a sander as opposed to hand sanding?
Never worked with bondo or fiberglass before so it wasn't the neatest application of either. Had to work a lot of it down and then do a few touch ups. Hand sanding just wasn't cutting it and I would still be out in the garage sanding had I not picked up a sander.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #9

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiikeyD View Post
you should see my satoshi. its horrible lol. that one was well done. i forgot to add the red shit to the green shit and did it after.. :[
The Bondo suprised me at how fast it hardened. I mixed it and double checked the area I was doing and when I went to scoop some out it was already starting to set up. That batch was trashed and I learned to work quickly with Bondo.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
tacoprincess is on a distinguished road

tacoprincess's Tacoma Gallery
do u have any pics of the grill? how much is it?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #11

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoprincess View Post
do u have any pics of the grill? how much is it?
Follow the link in the first post, pics are there and the link to ebay as well.