Notices

Front end squeak

Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
08_TACO_offroad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
08_TACO_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08_TACO_offroad
Front end squeak

i have a 08 tacoma 4x4, and there is this horrible squeak in the front driver side. I can hear it when i go over bumps, drive slow, and even getting in and out of the truck. It is really really annoying. I figured out where the squeak is coming from. I'm pretty sure it is coming from the bushing at the bottom of the strut. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as well. Also, how did you go about fixing it so that it doesn't squeak for more that a few days?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
Dealership.....not busting your balls just sayin.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
Christ died for you...
easttexascat has a spectacular aura abouteasttexascat has a spectacular aura abouteasttexascat has a spectacular aura about

easttexascat's Tacoma Gallery
Look and see if the top of the Sway Bar is rubbing on the bottom of the strut. Seems to be a common problem with a 3" lift. Mine was doing it, so I finally just took my sway bar off. You can also buy drop-kits for the sway bar that is supposed to move it out of the way.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did do it horribly for a couple weeks, but then went away. I do have Icons though and figured it was a bushing. I just sprayed the bushing with WD40 and after a few days it quit. I am not even sure that is what squeaked because I figure the WD40 should have worked immediately in that case.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
nickbroaddus has a spectacular aura aboutnickbroaddus has a spectacular aura aboutnickbroaddus has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: AMT3/ H-65 Flight mech
nickbroaddus's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same problem. have a friend bounce the drivers side and push and pull on the sway bar- thats how i isolated it, im not sure how to fix it though, maybe grease the bushings- i dont see any zerk fitting tho.