Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hey everyone, i need feedback

Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
aaron15 is on a distinguished road
aaron15's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone, i need feedback

hey everyone I am new to the board and i just wanted to ask a question. My parents bought me a used Tacoma(since we dont have a truck in the family, but we dont do any major hauling), but its not the prerunner. My dad didn't want to go for the v6 so instead got me a 4-cyl access cab tacoma(we couldnt find any 4-cyl prerunners here in so cal). I'm happy with my truck but everytime I see a Prerunner on the road, I feel like trading mine in for one. But since I'm only 17 (pls dont report me if im under the age limit for this board) and this is my first car, I'm very grateful for having my own car(since I don't come from a very wealthy family). I was just wondering if you guys think I should be proud of driving my tacoma or should i get a prerunner?? thx everyone
Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of whether you have a 4 banger with vinyl seats and no radio or a fully loaded 4x4 doublecab v6, the Toyota Tacoma IS the best truck on earth. Hold your head up high. Be proud. Brag to your friends.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt worry about it man...as long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters...i get truck envy sometimes when i see some jacked up truck over my head, but i know that its more than i'd ever need, therefore i dont need it. i'd be happy to be 17 and got a brand new vehicle. when i started driving to school my freshman year (i was 15 and only back in '98), i was driving a '71 chevy c-10. be happy man. look at the oters out there that dont have a vehicle at all
Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

By the way, Welcome to Tacoma World.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
You're 17. You should be loving that truck. But I understand because it's natural to want more, it's human nature. But there are plenty of mods you can do to your current truck. Put a kickass system in there and you'll be loving it. You can go the mini truck route, put on some nice rims, exhaust, etc.

Now go get a job to pay for all those mods.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
You're 17. You should be loving that truck. But I understand because it's natural to want more, it's human nature. But there are plenty of mods you can do to your current truck. Put a kickass system in there and you'll be loving it. You can go the mini truck route, put on some nice rims, exhaust, etc.

Now go get a job to pay for all those mods.
very true....drop that thing...throw on some rims and an air bag system...shave some handles and badges...do some mods and make it ur own....good point wilson, i forgot the mods
Old 12-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #7

Any model of Tacoma can be made bad-ass!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously, "make it your own" is right. That holds true no matter what you're driving. My first car was a 1982 Honda Accord hatchback and I loved it. 75 hp and it got me and my friends to the mall, parties, and had plenty of room for those 15's in the hatch and that's all I really cared about.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #9

My 1st car was a 1988 dodge 600.........if that doesn't leave you wanting, I don't know what will.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 AM   #10
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron15 View Post
I was just wondering if you guys think I should be proud of driving my tacoma or should i get a prerunner?? thx everyone
Consider yourself very lucky. My first car was a crap brown 1981 honda civic hatchback with a mustard yellow interior. Second -- pumpkin orange VW Sirocco. third -- 90 toyota 2wd pickup. fourth -- 90 toyota 2wd pickup. Finally my fifth automobile was my first new truck -- my 07 Prerunner V6. The only reason was cause I could finally personally afford it.

Be happy with what you have. Your 17. It took me until I was 34 to have my first new truck. And believe me, it makes me appreciate the heck out of it.

Ted
Old 12-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I agree with all of the above. Besides, you can put some really nice tires and rims on that thing and get some height and better looks without paying for the PreRunner suspension or the cut in fuel economy. Besides, loading an unloading in a standard suspension Tacoma is cake! You will love it. This guy's Tacoma is a 5 Lug (regular suspension)...

I had more pictures of other peoples trucks somewhere, but I have to get back to work.

Cheers!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw, aaron!! be proud of your truck....be damn proud. you got the best truck made dude!!! like everyone says....make it your own. whatever you think is cool, is cool!! a few different mods, and you'll be set man.

by the way......my first car, at 17, was an 88 buick century!! grandmaw-y car!!! damn i drove the hell outta that thing!!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
my first car was a 700$ pos be happy with what you have but dont stop working for what you want
Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
aaron15 is on a distinguished road
aaron15's Tacoma Gallery
hey everyone I would like to thank you all for your responses and advice. I'm glad I came here to get some feedback from people who know what they're talking about. I'll take the advice and I'll drive with my head up high and be proud of my tacoma, since these are the coolest trucks around! As I said before, I'm very grateful just to have a car, and I look forward to the future rides me and my tacoma will have in the near future. Thx everyone!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #15
deepsee is on a distinguished road

Army: Master Diver/Pilot
Name: Bobby
deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
Be greatful like everyone else is saying my first car was an 88 toyota truck, didnt even have a modle when my first truck was made and that was back in 98
Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 AM   #16
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron15 View Post
hey everyone I would like to thank you all for your responses and advice. I'm glad I came here to get some feedback from people who know what they're talking about. I'll take the advice and I'll drive with my head up high and be proud of my tacoma, since these are the coolest trucks around! As I said before, I'm very grateful just to have a car, and I look forward to the future rides me and my tacoma will have in the near future. Thx everyone!
Also, think of this... The 2.7L Engine you have under the hood is a very capable engine that lasts longer than most people's driving records. If you decide to upgrade to another Tacoma , the resale on your 2.7L is great.

Cheers!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #17
vivafire is on a distinguished road

vivafire's Tacoma Gallery
I know everbody has said it. Make it you own and since its used you don't have to worried about a warranty to void from mods.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #18
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
This is the truck that started it all, be damn proud to have what you do, go to your father, look him in the eyes and say "Thank You" and mean it.