Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ARB Locker

Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
JR I is on a distinguished road

JR I's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Locker

has any one installed a locker? I installed it on my taco and it does not leak at all but I noticed that when I go from Parking to Drive or reverse it leaks then stops but only does it the first time? I had the locker on for about 2hrs and it not one leak but the minute that I move to drive it does then stop, Any suggestions.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i take its not an air locker?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #3

JR I's Tacoma Gallery
yes it is
Old 07-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #4

JR I's Tacoma Gallery
it leaks air from the axel houseing then stops.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #5

JR I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
i take its not an air locker?

It is
Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
oh. well i dont know a whole lot about lockers to be honest with you. all i can say is check the connections on it and see if you can hear under the truck where it might be leaking from
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
This is posted in the technology section why?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
This is posted in the technology section why?
I'd say..."PERFORMANCE"
Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
You should have posted this in the Off-road or technical section.

But to answer your question, until the locker fully engages, you will hear the sound of air leaking. Once it is locked in, you will not hear the air leaking out.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #10

JR I's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you very much. Still new to posting. Thank you for the info.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:18 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR I View Post
it leaks air from the axel houseing then stops.
Where at the axle housing?

Does it leak at the fitting into the housing?
Does it leak at the breather fitting?

When you say it engages, are you SURE it's engaging fully?

When you disengage it (at the button), do you get a blast of air out of the solenoids?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #12

JR I's Tacoma Gallery
It leaks in the houseing not at the line. We did test and the seals were holding with no problem. I knoe it stops when it id engaged because i had it in the air when I was testing.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR I View Post
It leaks in the houseing not at the line. We did test and the seals were holding with no problem. I knoe it stops when it id engaged because i had it in the air when I was testing.
So, it's getting enough air to engage it?

Is it holding the air and keeping it engaged?

When you disengage it, do you get that blast of air out of the solenoids?

If its inside the housing, then my guess would be...you need to get inside the housing and find where the leak is. Whatever is leaking, will eventually get worse and perhaps the locker won't engage when you want it to.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
check on ttora.com

a bunch of guys have the locker and will be able to answer