LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" lift installed

Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift installed

Just installed my Ions,TC UCA's and OME leaf packs and I think it turned out nice. Here are some beach pics from the 4th of July. Now I got to get wheels and tires. I'm thinking 285/70/17 but am stumped on what wheel to go with. I was leaning towards the procomp Kightchrome finnish. ANY SUGESTIONS ?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
john.308 is on a distinguished road
john.308's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man. I think a lift like that and removing the flaps makes a world of difference in the appearance of these trucks. Did the installation go pretty smooth for you?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Right on, looks good man! I have the exact same truck as you and I'm also getting Icons and TC ucas. Mind if I ask a few questions? Where did you order from? What did you pay?
What did you do for the rear? Thanx man, looking forward to some pics with the tires and wheels. I'm going to add on matte black 18" monster wheels and the new Nitto Trail tires in 285/65/18.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Its not that hard to do but I have done a couple of lifts before. I think the Upper control arms are the hardest part because you must bend a little sheet metal to get the bolt out. I actually installed the lift using my front end loader on my tractor to lift the truck up. Works better that jack stands if you don't have access to a auto lift.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #5

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Right on, looks good man! I have the exact same truck as you and I'm also getting Icons and TC ucas. Mind if I ask a few questions? Where did you order from? What did you pay?
What did you do for the rear? Thanx man, looking forward to some pics with the tires and wheels. I'm going to add on matte black 18" monster wheels and the new Nitto Trail tires in 285/65/18.
Thanks! I got everything from Weelersoffroad.com I don't know if its the best deal you can find and I guess if you shopped around you might be able to get some of it cheaper. I'm just lazy and bought it all with them. There shipping was fast and they had all of it in stock. For the back I went with the dakar leaf pack (Old Man Emu) and I really like the overall ride. I looked at some add-a-leafs but figured I would go allout and get the full pack. I have toys that I tow around and the dakars work good for towing to.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:12 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rig man!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #7
Coastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud ofCoastie Joe has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate/PSU 309
Name: Andy
Coastie Joe's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the fronts cranked up to 3.5in or just 3?? I wanna do a similar setup and I wanna know if I can get away with 3 inches in the front and not have the rear set too high with the OME leaf pack setting at 2.75..... Any info or side shot photos would be cool!! Thanks! Looks nice by the way!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job so far! Good luck with your tire/wheel choices!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #10

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie Joe View Post
Do you have the fronts cranked up to 3.5in or just 3?? I wanna do a similar setup and I wanna know if I can get away with 3 inches in the front and not have the rear set too high with the OME leaf pack setting at 2.75..... Any info or side shot photos would be cool!! Thanks! Looks nice by the way!
I did adjust the Icons up just to level the front with the back.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Time for some 35" tires >
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #12

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Truck View Post
Looking good. (Is that Freport?)
That beach is between Surfside and San Luis beach Its not bad after Ike cleaned it up and the beach is wider now. We where nee-boarding behind the 4-wheeler in the surf.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #13

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
I didn't think you could fit much bigger that a 33 with 3"of lift?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #14

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
That knight chrome looks nice, but it chips easy. Just FYI.
that's what I was worried about, I still don't have a good choice on the wheels. For tires I was lookin at toyo MT or the new nitto trail grapplers in 285/70/17
Old 07-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post

He seems to be running 35's with 3" of lift... maybe he will elaborate a little. Maybe uber trimage?

Nice Truck.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #16

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Those new Nittos look nice... I would like to see some reviews on how they perform off-road. You can't go wrong with a set of KM2's though.
I like the KM2's as well. I live in Texas and work in Louisiana I'm racking up the highway miles fast. How is the road noise and tread life on those bad boys?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #17
KMADA has a spectacular aura aboutKMADA has a spectacular aura about
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
The 3" lift doesn't look too bad with 265's. I might get some bfg AT so it should look a little more bigger right?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
KMADA has a spectacular aura aboutKMADA has a spectacular aura about
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
Yea don't get me wrong, 285s are niceee. But my mom is planning on buying me some new tires for my bday. But I think the 285s are out of my moms price range. But what are the price differences anyway? But I just daily drive my truck so the 285s may be a big hit on the mpg. But I don't know they would look nice haha
Old 07-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #19
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! All you need now are some new shoes! 285 will do you good!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on the suspension parts. Truck is looking good. Now you need some 33" tires!