Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

any tacos with bushwackers?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #1
My truck dont bitch like my GF
tacotyme08 is on a distinguished road

tacotyme08's Tacoma Gallery
any tacos with bushwackers?

I bought new tires about 2 weeks ago and they were rubbing my fender flares pretty bad, i had to take the fender flares completley off for them to stop rubbing. i know the tires i got were a little too big for the truck but they were a great deal. i was wondering if anyone has put bushwackers on their truck and if they would help the rubbing problem?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Where exactly are they rubbing?

What size tires are they?

Installing different flares isn't gonna help unless you actually cut away at part of the truck itself.

Use the search button (top right in the blue bar) and search for a mild lift kit.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
you have to cut on the cab mount to clear it if that is your problem is what i am understanding...correct me if im wrong. mine touches it a bit when in 3/4 to a full turn while navigating obstacles on the trail. I'm pretty sure after what toku said, that i can cut on that mount no problems.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:22 AM   #5

i already have a 3" spacer lift and it does rub the bolt that holds the fender next to the door, BADLY! im thinking to fix the problem permenantly i need to get glassworks fenders or a bigger lift, problem is that glassworks has only those 3" rise fender, and i cant afford a lift.too bad glassworks dont make a little more mild fender. and i will have to cut on the cab, but i dont want to do any crazy cutting. how did u solve the problem on your truck gjbonner?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Do a search for it, theres one member on the forums who did a writeup on it. I'm a little too drunk to find it atm though, sorry.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #7
Mandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mandy3206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Don't know tire size and wheel BS.

Just trim it or lift it, no way around it.

PS. smaller tires wil help thou...........
Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Mandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mandy3206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Sheesh, I just saw the profile and saw the tire size, probably a 6" will get you there or maybe an LT like Allpro may let you run those tires without chopping.

Too big of a tire, search for body mount and you'll find lots of trimmed Tacos.

If money is a problem and can't change the tires, then you're stuck nowhere until money can be thrown at the problem..........stash the tires and save some money............first decide which way you're going:

1) Chop lots of metal, body mounts, fenders, maybe tub the wheel well
2) Lift to 6" and maybe chop too
3) LT and maybe chop too
4) Sell tires and get smaller ones that fit

Good luck
Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #10

ya i know those tires are huge, but they look so badass lol. i may just have to get a bigger lift.i may just sell the tires and get new ones like mandy 3206 said, but then ill b running stocks for a while. i would just go get that allpro longtravel kit that i always dreamed of having but i gotta pay my damn college tuition! lol thanks for the help guys.