Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Grounding in the Rear

Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Grounding in the Rear

I'm running a 12V outlet to the storage bins in the truck bed. Would you run a pair of wires, so that you could run the ground back to the distribution block or would you ground it back there?

If you would ground it back there, are there any easy places that you would recommend?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Drill a hole in the frame and run a short wire to it. Bolt it in place and you're set. Seriously, it's cake and will be the best ground you'll find.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I'm always skeptical about drilling into the frame for fear of rust. I probably shouldn't worry, I don't offroad and I'll never drive on salted roads.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Thanks. I'm always skeptical about drilling into the frame for fear of rust. I probably shouldn't worry, I don't offroad and I'll never drive on salted roads.
After you drill the frame, and make the connection, spray some underbody protector on it. You can find the stuff at Napa. It works well.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll never drive on salted roads.
Between the salted roads and salt spray from the ocean our vehicles are pretty much doomed around here.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
After you drill the frame, and make the connection, spray some underbody protector on it. You can find the stuff at Napa. It works well.
that sounds better than what I was planning on doing...I was going to gob some grease over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Between the salted roads and salt spray from the ocean our vehicles are pretty much doomed around here.
derail away. Don't forget the salty women up there...
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
You think you're some kind of handyman or something?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
speaking of derail, i always ground in the rear... bo dom che
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
speaking of derail, i always ground in the rear... bo dom che
Yourself?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well, I do have a functional truck.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yourself?
That's quite some talent he has there.

Quote:
well, I do have a functional truck.
Yeah, I'm going to need proof of this.

Plus, mjp2 has a functional truck. It just doesn't go very straight.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to need proof of this.
you didn't need proof from Mike before he took you home in his civic.

Quote:
are you speaking of the Ford?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yourself?
NO
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #15

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Technically, I drove off in the Civic alone and left her wanting more.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #16

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

are you speaking of the Ford?
He definitely did not take me home. And especially not in the Civic.

The Tacoma, fool.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
are you saying that the truck still is it done
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

neither does mike...:bananahammockdance:
Old 07-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #19
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
neither does mike...:bananahammockdance:
whoa whoa whoa, nobody wants to see the banana hammock dance.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #20
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

No need to drill the frame. Use the bumper bolts in the rear.