Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Under Truck Camera

Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Under Truck Camera

Has anyone done anything along the lines of Under Truck Camera? I plan on installing one to connect to a miniture laptop and was wondering who has done this before.

TIA
Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
with some rock lights, cameras would be awesome... one man crawling machine
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I remember someone here attached a camcorder under the truck to video his drive shaft vibration.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
4 wideview cams with a laptop on the dash, sounds like a great idea to me
Old 07-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've seen it on a couple of trucks! It is great especially if your spotter is a: Is a 'spotting' or b: thinks your bumper is the what they are spotting! - These things are great for seeing over blind hills - hell this makes some lifts meaningless - We can all create dynamic clearance providing we know where to make it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcIGTnisNc

It's almost cheating!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
^ looks like he is on mars in the beginning.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
kmann6905 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: NORAD
kmann6905's Tacoma Gallery
Unless this is a temporary mount, I would think it is almost impossible to keep the lens clean enough to be of much use. Nice idea, just be ready to crawl around on the ground every so often.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Having the ability to swivel the camera is VERY cool. Anyone can strap a helmet camera under their truck. Hell, they're only about $50 or so. Having it rigged to a laptop in the cab with full swivel control is the money!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
What about one of those back up cameras that you can attach to your license plate frame and has a monitor you can stick on your dash. Just mount that somewhere on the frame and you'll be set. I think i've seen those around for about $100
Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Yeah this is what I'm talking about - 5 cameras? Are there girls in the bed of the truck?

I think I can get a weatherproof bullet camera and a video pc card for a micro sized Sony laptop (stripped down from everything except GPS and mapping.