Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What's it worth?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
What's it worth?

'05 DC, SB, Off-Raod - White 40k miles 6speed manual. Tow package
Kelly Blue Book says - 20.3k- 21.3k Good or excellent condition.

Mods:
HID headlamps
Chrome Grill Inserts
Toytech 3in lift - coilovers
17in XD spy wheels
33in BFG KM2 tires.

I'm having trouble figuring out how much this stuff is worth partially used. The seller prob paid about 3k for all of it without any shipping and service.

I know from past experiences that you never recuperate the total value of extras you put into a car.

So what do you think this truck should sell for?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
MassTaco has a spectacular aura aboutMassTaco has a spectacular aura about

MassTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Personnally, I would not pay more for a truck with aftermarket parts. When the owner put them on, he should have known that that money is gone forever.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
x2

If the seller wants to make his money back on mods/upgrades then he should take them off and sell them not tack it onto the trucks actual value.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my truck an 05 dbl cab short bed 4x4 TRD Offroad with a 6-speed and 3" OME lift on stock wheels with 285's BFG KM2's and 48k miles for $16,000 from the original owner and it came with 100k transferable Toyota warranty. That was January 2009.

If I was you I definately wouldn't pay KBB on anything these days.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
KBB is a joke nowadays.

I saw an '08 DC SB OR for 21k yesterday on the lot
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Where was that?

Its weird, prices for toyota's in Colorado are crazy, I look in other states and trucks are a lot cheaper.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpj View Post
Where was that?

Its weird, prices for toyota's in Colorado are crazy, I look in other states and trucks are a lot cheaper.
Road trip? If they're cheaper, by all means go and take a look.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
interesting

I just took my 2007 into carmax, it is an sr5, dc, radiant red with an aftermarket hitch and the original tires. 32k miles, and it's got some pretty good scratches all down the Driver rear quarter panel, dents in the rear bumper and tailgate. Oh, and it smells like pot-roast..

They offered me $17,000 for it. I was shocked.. What a great truck! I bought it for 23,100 and can trade it in for $17,000 if I wanted to? That's about $254.00 a month to own an awesome vehicle. I wonder if I could have gotten more if it had less "Love Bumps".

I am working a deal right now on a Speedway Blue TRD 4x4.. Deal sounds good to me, and I will definitely get the weather proof (pot roast proof) floormats this time. My dealer tells me KBB says 17k for trade, but they are getting much more than that at the auction.

Toyota Tacoma Rules..

-Sam
Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
SR5Yoda has a spectacular aura aboutSR5Yoda has a spectacular aura about
SR5Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
KBB is a joke

KBB is a joke, with the long lasting recession dampening everyone's buying power, and the toyota factory lots still filled with 09's when 10's are to be coming in, the market/aftermarket price of all vehicles is going down at a steady clip. Personally, I would take the lower end of the KBB value and subtract around 3k from it.

It really stinks for all of us but thats what a depression does, at least in the short run.

Good Luck!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
kbaum08 will become famous soon enough
kbaum08's Tacoma Gallery
Location, location, location, it all depends on where you live or shop for a new truck. I thought KBB where issued by location re Western States Version. But it doesn't ever hurt to make an offer lower than the book says. Seems like the KBB applies when you are buying and not so much when you are trading or selling. If you like the miles the equipment the color etc... a vehicle may be worth something different to you than it is to one of us.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
Dealers suck, the scum of the Earth. I could never work at a place where all I did was lie all day.

Example:

Dealer: The tacomas are built like a tank, very very low maintainence... continues on about how little it needs.

Me: made offer for used 06 low ball offer but still a good offer

Dealer: when we take cars in we do a lot of work to them especially the drive train and engine....120point bs inspection..... it costs us 2k to get them in shape for selling you offer is too low... we need more margin

Me: oh that is interesting, I thought you told me earlier that they need no work ever. Obviously we can both see that this is a bunch of BS, thanks for wasting my time.

Dealer: speechless, like a dear in headlights.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Check NADA value.... Thats what they use at the Auctions.... But its still not accurate everyone is right kbb and NADA these are all joke now...