Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeeking Breaks

Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Squeeking Breaks

My tacoma has not very old breaks and they work perfectly fine but any time i press the break i hear a squeeking sound for a little bit but when i press it harder it goes away. Sometimes it dosent go away depending on how fast i slowed down and all. It really annoying i checked the pads and the disc its just fine and does not look like it needs to be replaced. Any suggestions why this could me?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
there might just be some brake dust on the rotors
Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
If you feel like it take em off and get some anti sqeek stuff for them. Its a paste or spray can that gets applied to the backs of the pads.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
maybe break down the brake calipers and do a good cleaning and put some new anti-squeal grease/lube on the backs of the pads.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
TREADING LIGHTLY!
baildavc will become famous soon enough

Name: David
baildavc's Tacoma Gallery
drive in reverse and hit the brakes hard , this will recalibrate the caliper and help avoid any drag.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys i will try it and see what happens... hopefully it will go away if not i will have to take everything out and spray it with the cleaner i guess....