Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can you fix taco lean w/ coilovers ??

Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Can you fix taco lean w/ coilovers ??

I just had my toytec ultimate kit installed and through this I found the infamous taco lean on the drivers side. Is it better to ....

1. Leave the lean alone
2. Adjust the coilver to compensate for the / .5in sag
3. Put a spacer ontop ( toyec 1/4" spacer )
Old 07-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Adjust the CO 1/4"
Old 07-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
^ thanks ! wasn't sure what was the best option. I'm guessing i'd need another alignment or would that 1/4" adjustment be within spec
Old 07-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
^ thanks ! wasn't sure what was the best option. I'm guessing i'd need another alignment or would that 1/4" adjustment be within spec
It should be fine, but I would throw it on a rack just to make sure.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Adjust the CO 1/4"
x2...had a buddy w/ the same problem
Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
^ so adjust the co 1/4" for every 1/2" you want to drop right ? I never thought that 1/2" would be so visible with a lift -from the back it looks like its getting a flat tire almost
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #7

Quote:
^ so adjust the co 1/4" for every 1/2" you want to drop right ? I never thought that 1/2" would be so visible with a lift -from the back it looks like its getting a flat tire almost
Or to lift....
Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
off topic but i have 285/75/16 duratrac's that have a max psi rating of 80 / any suggestion as what psi I should even start testing them with ?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
35psi
Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
35psi
Thanks- 60psi from the dealer felt like a self-vasectomy
Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #11

Quote:
off topic but i have 285/75/16 duratrac's that have a max psi rating of 80 / any suggestion as what psi I should even start testing them with ?
Being as the propper tire pressure varies from tire to tire, vehicle to vehicle, theb est way to determin propper pressure for the tires is by useing the chaulk method.