Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adjust Tilt on '09 Steering Column...?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
HerbieMan3B is on a distinguished road
Marines: Staff Seargent, Communications
HerbieMan3B's Tacoma Gallery
Question Adjust Tilt on '09 Steering Column...?

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the tilt on an '09 steering column? I'm a tall dude that needs the seat all the way back and would like to lower the steering wheel even farther. I also like to hold the wheel at 7 & 5 with my arms resting on my knees. Someone please help my tired arms!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
reg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shed
reg boulette's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieMan3B View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the tilt on an '09 steering column? I'm a tall dude that needs the seat all the way back and would like to lower the steering wheel even farther. I also like to hold the wheel at 7 & 5 with my arms resting on my knees. Someone please help my tired arms!
If the range of the tilt mechanism doesn't work for you, try talking to a dealer about it. On one of the forums, someone had a Corolla that had to be adjusted with regard to seat and steering column and in this case the dealership went out of its way to make the proper adjustments. They may have some 'kits' for accessability issues available.