1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any one use the govt. program to buy there new taco?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Yota1, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I'm not sure what you're saying but you can combine it with other offers and if you are savvy enough you may be able to negotiate on the salvage amount that the vehicle is worth.

I plan on trading in my Accord and my F250. Yes, my F250 is great for hauling stuff but it has it's issues and it leaks oil like crazy. Plus, it will be nice to eliminate one vehicle from my insurance and the yearly costs of licensing it and fuel(diesel).

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    Although the "Cash for Clunkers" program began July 1, 2009, the rules are not due out until July 24, 2009 as stated earlier. Anything the dealers decide to do is subject to change. Note that the dealers have to apply and be approved to participate, but there are no guidelines on the criteria for approval. Also note that there is specific criteria for what qualifies as a trade...the original link should clearify. The new purchase has to be a new vehicle as well...so this doesn't work on used vehicle finance.

The main thing to be aware of is that once the $$$ the government set aside for this program is gone, then its gone...the program will come to an end. If you plan to use it you better decide to do so shortly after the rules are dispursed.

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    easttexascat

easttexascat Christ died for you...

Member:
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCLB TRD Sport - Silver Streak Mica
    Toytec 3" Spacer/Rear AAL Lift with Diff-Drop, OME N182 Rear Shocks, TRD All-Weather Floor Mats, Sway Bar removed, TRD CIA
    That random, passed out naked chick will probably give you "something" that you'd be paying for for the rest of your life...just like the gov't.

It's fun for the moment, but then you wake up one day wondering why it burns when you pee :)

4. Jul 17, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    GoShox

GoShox New Member

Member:
    First let me say hey, newby 1st post. Great site, I've been lurkin for about a week. I'm considering this program to trade my 99 Jeep Cherokee in for a new Taco.

Your vehicle doesn't have to get at least 10mpg more than the vehicle you are trading in. It depends on the size & type of vehicle. For example: I can trade my 99 Cherokee in for another "light duty truck" (see Taco) and get the full $4500, because my Jeep is rated for a combined 16mpg, & the Taco is rated a combined 18, which meets the required 2mpg difference for "light duty trucks".

Go to http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/sbs.htm

Hope that helps. Again, great site, I'll probably be posting more as I get ready to buy a Taco.

5. Jul 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
  6. Jul 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Holy crap that came out huge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top