LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Higher elevation

Old 07-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
boxxed is on a distinguished road
boxxed's Tacoma Gallery
Higher elevation

Is there anything that needs to be done to my truck for Colorado? I plan on moving there by the end of the year. I currently live in Michigan and elevation is not an issue.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
contact this guy. RicnDenver.He is an awesome person to talk to about wheelin...Knows his stuff very well. Runs with a great group of people who take wheelin very serious. PM him and tell him Eddie from Jersey sent ya to him. Where in CO you movin to?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
a mile high isnt much....the trails here in co are reachin 13000 feet
Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxed View Post
Is there anything that needs to be done to my truck for Colorado? I plan on moving there by the end of the year. I currently live in Michigan and elevation is not an issue.
I was just in Colorado a few weeks ago and I was at 12,000 feet plus several times and my truck performed flawlessly. Years ago they did make a high altitude vehicle for that region but not anymore. You should be fine
though. I had no problems. I was in Telluride, Aspen, Durango and went over several passes 12K or taller, including Pikes Peak (not a pass), which is at 14,110. Good luck on your move you will be living in God's country.