Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

? to TSB vets

Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
Crossguard is on a distinguished road
Crossguard's Tacoma Gallery
Question ? to TSB vets

just got an 09 trd sport manual and wondering how much did it cost to get the TSB installed.labor and parts more or less.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
it should be free as it is under warranty.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is an 08, didnt cost anything. I think some of the 09's are getting done, not sure if they are added yet.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
$1800 ish

Well thats what my invoice read when I had mine done on a 2008, but I didnt have to pay a dime.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, TSB's are like warranties. Toyota's way of saying "Opps, sorry 'bout that"
Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Crossguard is on a distinguished road
Crossguard's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input guys.guess ill hav to call dealer again.initially they said 650 for parts alone.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
$1800 ish

Well thats what my invoice read when I had mine done on a 2008, but I didnt have to pay a dime.
I saw the invoice for my 07 and it was a little over $1600. TSB's don't cost you anything however.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think 09's are included because of the "infamous" yellow sticker in the door jamb....... I might be wrong??
Old 07-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
Mandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mandy3206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

I got them free at 34k, Invoice said $2,200.00 back in jan 2008 including shocks on 4 corners

Thou they are way better than the 3pack, they still bottomed occasionally, so I added an Alcan AAL from Toytec and no more bottoming for me.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
I don't think 09's are included because of the "infamous" yellow sticker in the door jamb....... I might be wrong??
I reaallllly hope you are. I called a dealer yesterday to set up an appointment. The PS guy said that some VIN numbers will be covered and some won't with the 09's. It sounds like a load of shit to me but we'll see... I'm going to start a "Kmoney's '09 TSB Adventure" thread when I get to the dealer to document my exp for other '09 owners. God speed!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they dont even hold that much
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
XB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
XB81's Tacoma Gallery
This will probably sound stupid but does anyone have pictures of a Tacoma bottoming out?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #13
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB81 View Post
This will probably sound stupid but does anyone have pictures of a Tacoma bottoming out?
i got em somewhere let me dig em up
Old 07-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
XB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
XB81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
i got em somewhere let me dig em up
Ok, thanks!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, you wrong...

Mine had all the adornments and had them done. Take the sticker off. My dealer didn't know why it was there anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB81 View Post
Ok, thanks!
there on my phone but im trying to get them uploaded to my computer but its being stuborn
Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #17
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im getting my tsb done as we speak, gonna pick it up tonight, thay are not doing the shocks, saying that they are already the upgraded shocks, my ass, but at least im going to get the springs gratis. i have the yellow sticker, and i have bottomed out my 09 on a load of river rock earlier in the week, that was the last straw, so hopefully it will be a lot better, especially when im towing.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
Senior Lettuce Washer
Ticketdoctor has a spectacular aura aboutTicketdoctor has a spectacular aura about

Ticketdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
I took my truck in to my local dealership this morning with it loaded with about 800 lbs worth of sand bags. They agreed that it did bottom out during the test ride. Just waiting to hear from the Regional Service Manager if they will do the TSB.

Hopefully I will know by Monday.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #19
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketdoctor View Post
I took my truck in to my local dealership this morning with it loaded with about 800 lbs worth of sand bags. They agreed that it did bottom out during the test ride. Just waiting to hear from the Regional Service Manager if they will do the TSB.

Hopefully I will know by Monday.
I loaded my truck up with 5 dudes and the Regional Service Manager drove my truck and it bottomed out. I got a call a few days later and the TSB was done.(at that time the 08's where not covered under the tsb)