Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My new grille any suggestions?????

Old 12-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

707taco's Tacoma Gallery
My new grille any suggestions?????

Jus put on my new grillecraft grille loooks tight trying to get the fj special edition trd badge to put on bottom right corner of the grille but its 50 bucks and not avalible yet so im thinking of putting the door badge from the tacoma that says tacoma painting it black or grey and puting that on the grill any sugg.
Attached Thumbnails
My new grille any suggestions?????-taco-front-4-web.jpg   My new grille any suggestions?????-taco-front2-4web.jpg   My new grille any suggestions?????-taco-front3-4web.jpg  
Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, i LOVE your grille dude, looks really nice. Second, i need to get a grille like that sometime in the future and i'm like you, i love the red TRD emblem in the corner, definately the way to go. You're truck looks sharp as is, if i were you i'd wait and get the TRD emblem. Plus, i think the "Tacoma" badge on the side may be a little big and look clunky. Just wait till you can get the TRD emblem, it will look better. until then you still have one hell of a good looking truck!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed707taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

707taco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

Yeah ill just wait, but i got some wire today and drilled tiny holes in the back of the tacoma emblem so u cant see it and im gonna wire it thru later jus to see
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Love the grill look. I like that you didn't mod the bottom one, I think this actually looks better. How difficult was the install?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Did you cut out the original "grill"? That part would scare the heck outa me because after that there is no going back

Also, how are you planning to mount the new badge?

Thanks,

Ted
Old 12-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
looks great but you do need to add something to it
Old 12-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #7
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Did you cut out the original "grill"? That part would scare the heck outa me because after that there is no going back

Also, how are you planning to mount the new badge?

Thanks,

Ted
I'm with you... I LOVE that Grill but I HATE the thought of cutting out the old grill. It's like you spent money to cut it up and can't go back.

I will probably get that grill and just kick myself the whole time I'm installing it... that or I will get the Lund solid plastic cover that bolts on
Old 12-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I think im going to have to break down and buy one myself. I need to find a good badge, however. I like the TRD idea, but red wouldnt look that great with the color of my truck.

I like this one though -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRD-C...spagenameZWDVW
Old 12-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #9
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707taco View Post
Jus put on my new grillecraft grille loooks tight trying to get the fj special edition trd badge to put on bottom right corner of the grille but its 50 bucks and not avalible yet so im thinking of putting the door badge from the tacoma that says tacoma painting it black or grey and puting that on the grill any sugg.
That'll keep bugs out of the radiator for sure! Nice!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
I'm with you... I LOVE that Grill but I HATE the thought of cutting out the old grill. It's like you spent money to cut it up and can't go back.

I will probably get that grill and just kick myself the whole time I'm installing it... that or I will get the Lund solid plastic cover that bolts on
That is why I bought a second grill to mod, and I am going to keep my original - original.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:29 AM   #11
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
That is why I bought a second grill to mod, and I am going to keep my original - original.
how much did that second grill set you back?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #12
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
Love the grill look. I like that you didn't mod the bottom one, I think this actually looks better. How difficult was the install?
i agree, i like the stock bottom grill. if you use a billit grill then it looks good to do the bottom too, but mesh looks good with stock bottom
Old 12-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #13

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Yeah, I think im going to have to break down and buy one myself. I need to find a good badge, however. I like the TRD idea, but red wouldnt look that great with the color of my truck.

I like this one though -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRD-C...spagenameZWDVW
I like that one, but personally i think red would look just as good on the indigo ink... mabye, i'm not good with matching, i still think brown and black looks cool together....
Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #14

707taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah to cut or not to cut

i had a hard time w/ it but finaly i jsu liked the grille so much i decided to cut it out the whole thing comes off w/ two screws and two pop out things just use a flat head or a knife and pop them up first a lot easier to cut w/ die grinder though it was a pain to line it up as it bends to fit jus right follow the instructions and it should take more than an hour i did take one of the horns off and painted my radiator flat black i would like to relocate the horns but they are connected to the air bag sensor and i cant move that but it sound so weak w/ one horn maybee new trcker horn or sumthin cant realy see it from my pics but im anal about the hole truck and oh yeah i used a tiny drill bit drilled hole behind the tacoma emblem and wired it to the grille in lower right hand corner looks coo l for a minute but im gonna get the special edition as a soon as possible thanks again for all the props
Old 12-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #15
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i cut out my grill have never been sorry i did just take your time