LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Christmas lift

Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #41
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I looked at those too, but my price range is unfortunately closer to the Destination A/T.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #42
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Nice! I looked at those too, but my price range is unfortunately closer to the Destination A/T.
I have the Destination At's right now. They are a damn good tire. I've run mine in some serious mud offroad. They hold up well to. Best of all is the price.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #43
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
the go on sale once a year buy 3 get one free got mine for 625$
Old 12-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #44
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thx greenbean! That's not too bad. I'll keep an eye out for the sale and hopefully have some money saved up by then.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:13 AM   #45
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. first of all i dont know what the notches are ont eh 5100's. is 3rd the highest? also, when you say 1/4" higher... doyou mean higher than stock or higher than the back end?
I didn't see this until now.

The first notch (The top one the ring is set on) is a 2.5" lift. Then there are 3 more for a total of 4. The second one down (which I did via recommendation from the TN forum) is 1.75". The thrird I believe is .82 and the first I'm not certain. It wound up being almost dead even...but I measures a tiny rise in the back over the front. My wife says you cannot notice and I agree with the naked eye you can't.

Go here for lots of good (and sometimes nauseating) discussion:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=214381
Old 12-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #46
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I got my eye on the Firestone Destination MT's
now you're talkin. i've had mine for a couple months
Old 12-15-2007, 05:03 AM   #47
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
a few choices
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas lift-bfg_mudterraink2.jpg   Christmas lift-firestone-destinationmt.gif  
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #48
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Those are nice too! The problem is I like too many of these tires, but I also have to factor in price and wear and... you get the idea. I think I'm just gonna have to start my own thread with the "narrowed down" list and see if anyone weighs in...
Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #49
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
I didn't see this until now.

The first notch (The top one the ring is set on) is a 2.5" lift. Then there are 3 more for a total of 4. The second one down (which I did via recommendation from the TN forum) is 1.75". The thrird I believe is .82 and the first I'm not certain. It wound up being almost dead even...but I measures a tiny rise in the back over the front. My wife says you cannot notice and I agree with the naked eye you can't.

Go here for lots of good (and sometimes nauseating) discussion:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=214381
Thanks viper!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #50
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Hey nd, I heard you got a one way ticket to Canada for Christmas. Details details birdy boy.

Welcome to Canada
Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #51
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Hey nd, I heard you got a one way ticket to Canada for Christmas. Details details birdy boy.

Welcome to Canada
I did but i traded it. It was hard to get rid off too, i actually had to give someone money to take it
Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #52
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
Your speedometer will also be off more, though I can never remember if it will be higher or lower when you increase tire size.
It's the inverse of the size change. It'll read lower with an increase in size. The larger tire travels further with each rotation so it doesn't have to spin as fast (speedo) to cover the same distance.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #53
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Not sure how you finally went ND, but I figured I'd chime in.

I have 285/75 16's (32.8" tall) on stock alloys with a toytec 3" lift. They only rub the UCA turning lock to lock. I've NO trimming, and use NO spacers. I off road whenever I can, and there are ZERO rub marks on anything except the UCA.

With that said, I went with a taller, wider tire to get more lift (about 2" taller than stock) and better flotation off road. I figured the wider tire would cause me to sink less in mud and soft terrain. Tread lightly afterall! It also means I've never HAD to air down anywhere. There are times when it may have helped, but I have yet to bother doing it. That might be something to consider if you hit the beach. Wider tires are better in sand. Not so good in snow, but then the objective is to dig down through the snow and hit asphalt so you want a better "cutting" tire for snow. Mud, you could dig yourself to the frame so I would take a higher flotation tire myself!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #54
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh and larger tires don't always affect your MPG. You need to adjust your calculations to account for the difference. For example, my 285's throw the speedo off by 7%. So when it says I'm doing 100, it's really going 107. 60 is around 64. That also means if you have 300 miles on the trip/odometer it's REALLY 321.

I used my scangauge to measure actual distances and speed after adjusting it for the 7% difference. I get the same MPG with stock tires AND my 285's after the adjustment. Both gave me 17-18mpg on average. So I didn't really loose mpg. It just looks like I'm getting 16mpg when I use the odometer/tip meter readings.

The things that DO affect MPG are tread (rolling friction, wind resistance of large lugs) and weight of the tire.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #55

nd's Tacoma Gallery
i haven't decided on tires yet, but it for the lift i'm gonna go with billy 5100's up front and a 1 inch block in back and the diff drop kit. If i were getting a true lift i would have gone toytec, but since the parts i listed aren't just toytec specific, does anyone know where i can get the best deal on teh parts i just listed?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #56
Devout Atheist

Well, you don't NEED a diff drop kit so you can skip that. Especially since you're not really doing much of a lift. I have the 3" which gave me 4" in front, and no drop brackets of any sort (diff or carrier bearing). Not sure on the best deal for the 5100's and 1" blocks.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #57
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I did but i traded it. It was hard to get rid off too, i actually had to give someone money to take it
That further proves you are not very bright, my feathered nemesis. A ticket to Canada is an investment. In order to prosper, you have to buy and hold. If you held it till November 2008, you'd have got big bucks when Hillary Clinton wins the election (not erection) and the mass exodus begins .

However, I suspect you wouldn't have sold it at that time since you'll need a ticket to get here too, and pretty desperately .

Awaiting your arrival,

TheMaster.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #58

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That further proves you are not very bright, my feathered nemesis. A ticket to Canada is an investment. In order to prosper, you have to buy and hold. If you held it till November 2008, you'd have got big bucks when Hillary Clinton wins the election (not erection) and the mass exodus begins .

However, I suspect you wouldn't have sold it at that time since you'll need a ticket to get here too, and pretty desperately .

Awaiting your arrival,

TheMaster.
If Hillary gets elected maybe i will drive up to Canada for a few years....
Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #59
Born to Ride

Quote:
If Hillary gets elected maybe i will drive up to Canada for a few years....
Hey nd, I have a 39 foot trailer I'm trying to sell. Would you like me to put a hold on that? I can send you pictures and it's on a water front property with a beer store less than 3 minutes walking distance . Too good to be true but I'm not kidding.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #60
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey nd, I have a 39 foot trailer I'm trying to sell. Would you like me to put a hold on that? I can send you pictures and it's on a water front property with a beer store less than 3 minutes walking distance . Too good to be true but I'm not kidding.
That sounds like the setup for a new sitcom: Stuffed Turkey vs. Canadian Bacon