LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Christmas lift

Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Christmas lift

This may need to be moved to the suspensin forum but i figured i'd get more responses here. When my parents asked what i wanted for Christmas, i couldn't really think of anything, so i'm thinking about a lift. they are willing to spend between $200 - $300. Here's my question. What do i get? I've already decided that i'm just gonna move up to 32" tires instead of 33". That is unless someone can make a compelling argument about why i need that extra inch.... personally i'd rather have a wider 32" and have more surface area on the ground, than a taller thinner 33". Pro's? cons? i need any and all input on this.

Also, i have the suspension TSB done. If i do decide to get 33's then i'll need to lift the back another inch and cant use the AAL with the toytec lift since i already have the 4th leaf. as far as i know, with the TSB, the only way to do that (cheaply) is with blocks, and i have heard too many negative things about blocks.

Now the front, I originally thought about doing spacers which are $140 from toytec. Then i noticed that the 5100's are only $60's more. Personally i hate to replace something thats not broken but for only 60 bucks more i can put in those 5100's and get my lift there. $140 for spacers. $200 for 5100's. Once again, i need any and all opinions. regarding lifting the fron.

Assuming i lift the front only and not the rear, i am still planning on the diff drop kit, but i still need rear shims and driveshaft bearing drop?

I dont know guys, help me decide what i need!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I've got nothing to offer other than I have been thinking of the exact same thing.I'm looking forward to the responses here...Thanks for posting.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
....my parents asked what i wanted for Christmas, i couldn't really think of anything
Can you give me their contact information? I have some neat suggestions on what they can get you.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
unless someone can make a compelling argument about why i need that extra inch....
Insert your own joke here
Old 12-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
..... help me decide what i need!
Bird feed,
Bird cage,
Mini brewery kit,
Navigation system with bird migration path's,
Gift certificates to local strip joint,
Inflatable (turkey) doll,
Portable urinal,
Airline tickets to Canada with transit in Dallas, Texas.

I've got to go now but I will continue the list later.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Born to Ride

Quote:
......unless someone can make a compelling argument about why i need that extra inch
Old 12-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
get the lift your truck already has 32s i think 265s i put 33s on becaue i wanted the bigest tire i could if you get the tsb done dont do the back untill you see what it looks like just order the stuff for the front i went with spacers because of the price i bought new tires at the same time so money was limited that dicsion is up to you you still need the diff drop you wont need shims in the rear because you are not changing the angle i think i dont know to much about the 2nd gen trucks but this is my opion
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey nd............just remember that a taller, thinner, not so wide tire will be better in the mud than a wide tire. and go for a revtek or toytec lift.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
and if ur wanting to level it and dont wanna add anything else to the rear, just get a 2.5" lift in the front....get 3" and it'll look like u've got a lot of junk in ur trunk. i'm planning on going w/ a 255/75/17=32x10 come spring. bfg mud-terrain t/a km's btw...
Old 12-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Bird feed,
Bird cage,
Mini brewery kit,
Navigation system with bird migration path's,
Gift certificates to local strip joint,
Inflatable (turkey) doll,
Portable urinal,
Airline tickets to Canada with transit in Dallas, Texas.

I've got to go now but I will continue the list later.
that funny even for a canadian
Old 12-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the Toytec lift, and their tech department says that the AAL isn't an option if the TSB's been done because they won't fit, not to mention the rather solid ride one would get. The TSB swaps the existing 3-leaf for a 4-leaf pack. Stock, the back is already higher than the front, and from what I understand the TSB lifts the back another inch which makes the back 2" higher than the front. If you just lift the front, it will end up about an inch higher than the rear. The 3 inch lift has 1 and 1/2" block option for the rear which is what Toytec recommends if you've had the TSB done. Axel wrap isn't really an issue with such a short block--it isn't a problem unless you start going crazy or stacking blocks to get height. I'm still working out the tire question myself, so I can't really help any there. Dunno if any of this is what you are looking for, but there ya go...

Stock tires are 265/65/17 on mine which is like 30.5"; 265/70/17 is like 31.6" or so. 33s may or may not fit even with a 3" lift the front spaces are tight--Toytec's FAQ might be helpful to you. Or email them; they are very helpful and quick to email back (they say within 24 hrs on the website).
Old 12-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

people run 33's w/ 3" of lift in the front....ie LQQK for sure. he's running 285/70/17's...not on stock rims...but w/ just 3" up front.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
The question isn't if he can run 33's. It's why the extra inch of 33's over 32's is important or not.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #14
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100's on top notch with your rear leaf tsb. end of story
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #15
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Can you give me their contact information? I have some neat suggestions on what they can get you.
Give me their contact info so I can give them suggestions on what they can get me!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
The question isn't if he can run 33's. It's why the extra inch of 33's over 32's is important or not.
i was referring to the last sentence of charli's post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #17
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i was referring to the last sentence of charli's post
So was I.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #18

I'm curious about the answer to 33" vs. 32" as well, it's a decision I need to make.......I keep bouncing back and forth on what size I want.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #19

get 33s so if you add more lift in the fut you tires dont look smalll
Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #20
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, was refering to the comment:

Quote:
If i do decide to get 33's
And I've been told that I can't run 33s with a 3" lift (by ppl in RL, not on this forum), so I thought I'd mention it. Actually, I'm glad to know that 33s are an option.... but not on stock rims?