Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Could I have your opinion

Old 07-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Banned
centraltextaco is a glorious beacon of lightcentraltextaco is a glorious beacon of lightcentraltextaco is a glorious beacon of lightcentraltextaco is a glorious beacon of lightcentraltextaco is a glorious beacon of lightcentraltextaco is a glorious beacon of light
centraltextaco's Tacoma Gallery
Could I have your opinion

I'm thinking of ordering a black oem hood with scoop for my 09 silver tacoma. I dont want to repaint it just keep it black. Questions... Do they ship in black? Do you guys think it will look right/good/different??? Since the picture I've had the front windows tinted. How hard is a hood swap out?? Thanks in advance for all the opinions and info, you guys are the sh*t!!! Also I have my stock trd wheels and Im looking to sell them if anyone is interested. is $200 too much?
Attached Thumbnails
Could I have your opinion-after.jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would look very good with the silver and be unique. If you want to get some kind of idea check out post #249 here....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...thread-13.html

I know its Speedway blue but it might help....Plus I think it would look better on the silver.....Oh and I sold my TRD rims a few months ago for almost $300...Posted an ad on Craigslist
Old 07-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a fan of the whole post-car-accident-different-color-hood/door/truck look.

Maybe it would look cool if you got a two tone paint job that went from bumper to bumper....
Old 07-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
i got a white taco and i think that would looks sick as F***!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
The black paint that comes from the factory on replacement parts is not ment to be left as is, it is what is called an E coat ready for paint. the Ecoat will not hold up and will rust through quickly.

You will have to have it painted and clear coated (two stage paint, like factory finish)

I am not a fan of the black hood look.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
The black paint that comes from the factory on replacement parts is not ment to be left as is, it is what is called an E coat ready for paint. the Ecoat will not hold up and will rust through quickly.

You will have to have it painted and clear coated (two stage paint, like factory finish)

I am not a fan of the black hood look.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said, I was going to call it a satin primer color.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
JohnnySRT had a similar setup with a black hood on silver. You should check it out.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
If you really want one, pull the trigger.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
If you do go with that, do the black headlight mod i see you have the smoke 09 headlights though and a color matched grill surround it would look that much better.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #11
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you do go with that, do the black headlight mod i see you have the smoke 09 headlights though and a color matched grill surround it would look that much better.
I think the black hood will make the chrome pop. In a bad way
Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
09WhiteTaco4x4 is on a distinguished road

09WhiteTaco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I personally don't think it would be a good look. Best case scenario, you would have the tuner/ricer thing going on with the "carbon fiber hood look". Worst case scenario, you would have the whole "post accident look" as someone else pointed out. I'll give you unique. Sometimes unique is good and sometimes unique is that way for a reason. It's ultimately up to you to decide which way you feel. That's just my .02.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what i was thinking as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehab View Post
I think the black hood will make the chrome pop. In a bad way
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
heres a pic

Old 07-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Not a Big fan of Diff color Hoods.... I have a TRD OFF road with Black handles and Side view mirrors.... I really want to change the color on those so yea ... If my opinion counts especially on white it stands out even more...but hey we all see things diff i actually like this silver truck with black hood .... but liking it and having it are 2 diff things ...