Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Performance Chips

Old 07-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
tanktodd has a spectacular aura abouttanktodd has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
tanktodd's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Chips

Can anyone tell me what's the best chip out there for performance and gas milage. Also what experiences you've had with them. I've got an 08 TRD sport and am looking at putting a chip on it. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im old school....I find this kind is as good as any on the market:

Old 07-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i prefer a spicier kick
Old 07-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Put the taste of the South in your mouth:

Old 07-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Don't waster your money on a "plug and play" chip. You can get some results from a MAF sensor calibrator to take advantage of things like CAI and exhaust upgrades.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanktodd View Post
My tacoma is bone-stock performance wise. Still wouldn't go with the chip?
Those "Performance Chips" are snake oil. They dont work. You would want a URD MAF calibrator. There is another one out there, but I cant remember the name of it.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Chris isn't the best typist. I believe he meant to say the URD MAF calibrator.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Chris isn't the best typist. I believe he meant to say the URD MAF calibrator.
Thanks, Man. I was Sleep typing again.....
Old 07-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese Loco View Post
what about the unichip
I think that may be the one I was thinking about. Ask X-runnit, He knows most about them, I think.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Those "Performance Chips" are snake oil. They dont work. You would want a URD MAF calibrator. There is another one out there, but I cant remember the name of it.

Those "Performance Chips" are snake oil .....Don't waste your time and money !
Old 07-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My tacoma is bone-stock performance wise. Still wouldn't go with the chip?
These chips are the auto equivalent of the Sham Wow. Don't waste your money and why believe this shit? You think if it increased power and added MPG without sacrificing engine longevity Toyota would not have done it?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x1000
Old 07-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
09WhiteTaco4x4 is on a distinguished road

09WhiteTaco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
These chips are the auto equivalent of the Sham Wow. Don't waste your money and why believe this shit? You think if it increased power and added MPG without sacrificing engine longevity Toyota would not have done it?
I pretty much agree with this reasoning, although one could make the same argument against a high-flow air filter or lighter weight pulleys.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Everybody's a comedian..haha. Any real posts of the non-edible variety out there.

Theres always "Buffalo chips"!

Its funny when I saw this thread, I immediately wanted to post chips but you guys all beat me to it...

anyways, chips are shenanigans!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Yes they are! And we need to Just Say No to Shenaniganery!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #19
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post

Theres always "Buffalo chips"!

Its funny when I saw this thread, I immediately wanted to post chips but you guys all beat me to it...

Dude wtf is up with those teeth?! That's gonna happen to your tacoma if you put superchips in it
Old 07-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
i like wise better
Quote:
Im old school....I find this kind is as good as any on the market: