Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2007 Tacoma

Old 12-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
Bulldogger is on a distinguished road
Bulldogger's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Tacoma

I have a new 2007 Tacoma with 1700 miles on it and the paint on the front bumper is all chipped/stained up already. Two body shops have looked at it and stated there is something wrong with the paint. I made an appointment with my Toyota dealer and today Jessy the regional rep in NY looked and the paint and stated Toyota is a Green Company and can't be responsible for enviormental conditions. Denied.
If this is how Toyota treats customers on a 8 month old truck that stickers at over 31,000 Dollars they don't deserve to be in business. I know this paint problem has been an issue before can someone give me a link to the problem. Obviously this issue is going the route of Arbitration any suggestions?? Thanks, David
Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry David, but I have not heard of that issue before. Maybe someone else on this site can give you some better support...
Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know about the fist gen but the 2nd gen taco's all come from the factory with thin crappy paint. I have heard lots of stories about paint chiping and flaking and fading but as far as i know you cant do anything about it. All Taco's have the same paint so you pretty much just have to live with it or have a good paint job. Good luck in Arbitration
Old 12-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I think it has to due with no clear coat on the front bumper. Mine has a bunch of scratches in the bumper as well.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
NYTACO05 is on a distinguished road
NYTACO05's Tacoma Gallery
on my 5K service, my Toyota dealership scratched one of my fender flare. They didn't just repaired it, they got my a new one, touched up a minor scratch (that happened at the mall's parking lot), and waxed n buffed my truck. all that free of charge.

Unfortunately, the factory paint is crappy... Check your sales receipt, I think body pain is still covered by your warranty.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTACO05 View Post
on my 5K service, my Toyota dealership scratched one of my fender flare. They didn't just repaired it, they got my a new one, touched up a minor scratch (that happened at the mall's parking lot), and waxed n buffed my truck. all that free of charge.

Unfortunately, the factory paint is crappy... Check your sales receipt, I think body pain is still covered by your warranty.
The warranty only covers manufacturer's defects. A chipped bumper from a rock flying up and hitting it is not a manufacturer defect.

I've also got a chip on my bumper. It looks like a rock hit it going pretty fast. I'm just going to focus on it every time I wash my truck. I don't think it's worth fixing.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Just to clarify these aren't chips where you can see the black plastic bumper color underneath, these are more light brown spots on the paint. Jessy the rep states it's from bug guts and the acid they release. Well if that's the case how come my toyota is the only truck of the five I own that has this problem?? My GMC has 30,000 miles and is 3yrs old and has no paint issues. Bottom line is on a new vehicle this should automatically have been taken care of NO Questions asked. If this is how Toyota treats their customers they can kiss my ass. I shouldn't have to go to arbitration on a new vehicle. The body shop I spoke to states they will repair it for $300. How cheap is Toyota? I would hate to have something major let go like an engine or transmission because they would probably tell me that it was caused by the envoirnment, and they're not reponsible. As it sits now I'll go the arbitration route and contact my lawyer for a letter, but Toyota has lost several customers from this already. My daughter was going to buy a new XB but after this ordeal she changed her mind.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #8
keynote22 is on a distinguished road
keynote22's Tacoma Gallery
pics?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
keynote,
snowing and icing outside right now pics will come later.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
That's total B.S ! I got the same thing from G.M. years ago, never went back. I must be the luckiest guy, I don't have one issue with my rig. I am sorry to hear this, and surprised. Don't let up, get what you deserve.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I dont know about the fist gen but the 2nd gen taco's all come from the factory with thin crappy paint. I have heard lots of stories about paint chiping and flaking and fading but as far as i know you cant do anything about it. All Taco's have the same paint so you pretty much just have to live with it or have a good paint job. Good luck in Arbitration
I bought my truck used with high miles, so paint chips were expected, but I remember reading a bunch of user reviews complaining of crappy paint on 2002's.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Head over to toyotanation.com and do a search there under the 05+ forum. I know a lot of guys complained about the paint on there as well, but not sure if any of them got anything done about it.

If the rep told me it was bug guts, I would've told him to wash it off and prove it! If they don't come off, then he's gotta come up with another excuse.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I believe I have an issue with the paint on my hood and front fenders involving the clear coat. It looks like a bunch of small spots where the clear coat is bubbled, is about the best I can describe it. I clay barred the hood last weekend and, while it certainly cleaned it up and took out some other blemishes and spots, it didn't do anything for the clear coat issue.

I'm planning on bringing mine in for the rear suspension TSB and I'll be having them look at this. If they give me a problem, my lawyer will handle it.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
The paint on these trucks could be much better. I think i have a few spots but i'm not gonna worry too much about it unless i find a really obvious one
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
Update

Well after being scheduled for arbitration on the 2/20/08, Toyota USA gives me a call on 2/19/08 to apologize for the situation and problem with the area rep, and that after their review of the paint problem the truck will be repainted on the front bumper. Would have been nicer if they took care of it originally without the aggrevation factor but at least they're standing behind it.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
vote for hillary or obama, then you will have no choice but to drive around in throw away POS 'cars' that get 500 mpg but dont last past the 2nd fillup; paint will be the least of your prob's. Just remember, its for the kids!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #17
Zonks,
Not sure what that has to do with the paint issue, but I'd take the throw away cars over soldiers dead bodies anyday. Obama has my vote and you're right it does have to do with the kids.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
Zonks,
Not sure what that has to do with the paint issue, but I'd take the throw away cars over soldiers dead bodies anyday. Obama has my vote and you're right it does have to do with the kids.
You're only right about one thing: This has nothing to do with a paint issue. Go vote Marxist/mommy government if that's your cup of tea but I don't want to hear hear this crap on an automotive forum. There's a reason I stay away from "Off Topic".
Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #20
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
Well after being scheduled for arbitration on the 2/20/08, Toyota USA gives me a call on 2/19/08 to apologize for the situation and problem with the area rep, and that after their review of the paint problem the truck will be repainted on the front bumper. Would have been nicer if they took care of it originally without the aggrevation factor but at least they're standing behind it.

Consider yourself lucky that you were able to get your bumper painted. I think it's a crap shoot getting the dealer to acknowledge the weak pain on our trucks. After reading the warranty in my owners manual, Toyota states it is not responsible for damage caused by the environment. Talk about a blanket disclaimer; hell just about anything could be considered environmentally caused. I'd recommend getting the 3M clear bra applied after the repaint to keep the problem from happening again. BTW I have orangish/brown stains from bugs that won't wash off either, but I'm not at the point yet to fight my dealership to get it repainted. I have several very noticeable rock chips (black plastic showing through silver paint) that does piss me off when I detail my truck.