1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattle in Center Consul/Shifter

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NORCAL Tacoma, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Dec 13, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    NORCAL Tacoma

NORCAL Tacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Humboldt County
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L Access Cab
    Rear Suspension TSB, new leafs and Bilstein Shocks. Aftermarket Stereo, bug guard, all weather floor mats.
    07 Tacoma 2.7 4x4.

I've got a Rattle in Center Consul or Shifter area?? I can't seem to pin it down? It's driving me nuts. I've removed everything from the center box, I've tried pulling and pushing on every piece of plastic to see if I can find it. It's a plastic on plastic sound.:mad:

Any help or advise might save my sanity.

I guess my next step is taking it too the dealership. Till then... the stereo stays turned up.

2. Dec 13, 2007 at 12:09 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I have a similar problem. Something inside my passenger side door, and that door only, rattles at certain bass frequencies and volumes. and recently, i got a weird noise coming from my dash when i turn the vents on. So if i have the radio turned down i can hear a buzz in the dash, if i turn the radio up to drown it out i have a buzz in the door. I'm not gonna make a special trip but I'll have them take care of it when i go up for my next service, which is soon.

3. Dec 13, 2007 at 12:52 PM
    keynote22

keynote22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    there seems to be an issue with the bearings in the fan. Some folks on another site are tracking it. I took mine in for warranty replacement but it never seems to do it when Im there, only every other minute of the day. It can be really loud at times depending on the temperature. Mine is more of a tick tick tick tick on fan speeds low or one click up. It goes away if I shut off the fan.

4. Dec 13, 2007 at 3:21 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Get it done before the warranty ends :)

5. Dec 14, 2007 at 8:43 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    yeah, thats how mine is. not quite a click but not quite a buzz. its a weird sound. I'm afraid it wont do it when i take it up to the dealer though.

6. Dec 14, 2007 at 9:43 AM
    NORCAL Tacoma

NORCAL Tacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Humboldt County
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L Access Cab
    Rear Suspension TSB, new leafs and Bilstein Shocks. Aftermarket Stereo, bug guard, all weather floor mats.
    I think I might have finally found the sound. :)

It seems to be somewhere in the plastic box around the shifter, possibly inside the part that extends forward under the dash. Time to tear into it.

Anyone have any pics of taking apart the center consul forward. I've seen a lot of pics for stereo removal and install (middle dash) and I know how to remove the center cup holder. I'm sure I can figure out the rest, but pictures are... well worth lots and lots of words.

Products Discussed in

To Top