Tonneau (Hard) 611 21.08%
Tonneau (Soft) 648 22.36%
Naked 909 31.37%
Other: Please write in 64 2.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2898. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #261
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
access cover

i bought an access rollup cover for mine, i really like it.
i swear to god my gas mileage has improved too
Old 09-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #262
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
personally id get a hard tonneau and not naked. hard tonneau to lock in the tailgate so nobody can steal it. around here, peeps steal tailgates (since they're easy to steal) and resell them
Old 10-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #263
Clint44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Clint
Clint44's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed an Undercover hard tonneau cover on our 2011 Taco,today
Old 11-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #264
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
OTHER

OTHER - I decided to take the $2000+ I would have spent on a cap and got a v-nose 6 x 12 aluminum trailer (cost me $1700 on craigs). I'm very happy. Kept the look of my truck and increased my hauling capabilities 20 fold!
Attached Thumbnails
Cap, Tonneau, or Naked-trucktrailer.jpg  
Old 11-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #265
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have this...Extang 5ft Trifecta Cover....signature series..not vinyl....but the canvass one????

i would like your reviews please. or options for a similiar product. not sure if i want trifold or roll up, does trifold lock???
Old 12-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #266
Blaidd Drwg is on a distinguished road
Blaidd Drwg's Tacoma Gallery
First time post. I just got an Extang solid fold for my 2011 TRD. Driving 350+ miles today in a drizzle and inside the bed stayed dry. Some things I'm not too thrilled about it are: the mounting points have to be put in the rails. This means to use my kayak rack, I'll have to completely remove everything. On the plus side, since this sets on top of the side rails of the truck bed, I can use the tie-downs in the track.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #267
kraxtra is on a distinguished road

Air Force: POL
Name: Kenwood
kraxtra's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau gets my vote

I've had my ARE LoPro 4 years and love it. Unfortunately they do not make anymore.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #268
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like Naked, but you never know I could change my mind if I had enough money to put something on.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #269
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine with a Leer cap on it and sold that old man looking thing the very next day! Neeked is where it's at!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #270
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btuner View Post
Bought mine with a Leer cap on it and sold that old man looking thing the very next day! Neeked is where it's at!
Agree with the leer cap thing, although I have to admit I did see one that was pretty nice. Didn't look anything like the others I see daily. Oh well, it was at the moment.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #271
TacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to behold
Name: Joshua
TacoOwner?'s Tacoma Gallery
I vote cap. I have a hardtop color match and I feel that she is much sexier/more aggressive looking with the canopy than without. I personally don't like ton covers, limited space and the look does not appeal to me.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #272
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to put a cap on the back why not just buy a suv?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #273
Bizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to behold
Bizarroterl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ever try to carry plywood or a load of gravel in a SUV?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #274
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because the cap can usually be removed in 10 minutes (or less) with relative ease, and then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarroterl View Post
Ever try to carry plywood or a load of gravel in a SUV?
Exactly.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #275
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox
Old 12-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #276
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
I want a cover 'cause of security, protection from the elements and keeping loose stuff in the bed on highway.

Like the low profile of a tonneau so a shell is out and way to much anyway.

Has to be easy to remove and self store for when I load up with something big and unplanned. A tri-fold looks best and is easiest to use, IMO.

Hard top tri-fold would be great but they're expensive so a soft top tri-fold it is. Sure, it's easy to cut into but the idea is 'out of sight' and spoil the easy pick-it-out as passing by theft more than anything.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #277
Bizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to beholdBizarroterl is a splendid one to behold
Bizarroterl's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I've been running a Truck Covers USA cover now for about a year. I'm really happy with it. I installed a power lock on the tailgate so it is very secure and it looks great. It looks so good that I've been asked about it several times.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #278
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
extang tri-fold tonneaus solid fold or soft fold would be my choice

dad has solid fold on his fullsize truck with a tailgate lock and will be next thing buy for my truck
Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #279
Fagro is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Fagro's Tacoma Gallery
Always said I wanted a cap, but I thought long and hard about the pros and cons.
Ultimately I decided on a tonneau. I just installed the Extang Trifecta today. Easy on and off so I can still use my truck as a truck, yet still have a dry option for cargo.
All in all I think it was the right decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Cap, Tonneau, or Naked-100_1474.jpg   Cap, Tonneau, or Naked-100_1476.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #280
tacomadude2000 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
tacomadude2000's Tacoma Gallery
I got a cap so I could cram all of my college crap in the back without having to tie stuff down. Plus its good for keeping things dry that wont fit in the cab (like luggage and camping stuff). Not to mention it does look pretty sweet IMO

Products Discussed in this Thread