Naked 909 31.36%
Other: Please write in 64 2.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2899. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #21
bcsnave is on a distinguished road
bcsnave's Tacoma Gallery
Cap...bring dogs, get groceries...sleep when the wife boots ya'

Tonneu looks good...cap is better value for the money...naked...don't make sense unless you haul tall stuff all the time

just my take...but I'm biased
Attached Thumbnails
Cap, Tonneau, or Naked-100_4317.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #22
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Personally naked looks the best to me, but if you need the features provided by other options than that more than justifies it
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
ser240z is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
ser240z's Tacoma Gallery
I got an ARE hard tonneau. I like the look of almost nothing on the back, doesn't block my vision any, and it only takes 4 bolts to remove it, but still locks good enough for me to secure my stuff. Only thing would be if I need to carry something tall, but I usually have enough advanced notice to remove the bolts.

Scott
Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #24
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmon420 View Post
This Leer 100XQ is exactly what I plan to get someday. IMO it's the sexiest cap out there for the short bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
IMHO it all depends on what you plan on carrying and how protected you want it to be. Without some description of the planned usage I don't see how one can make an argument one way or the other ...
Agreed. Originally I was planning on going with the Undercover but reaslistically I don't haul much so I don't need the quick change out to the open bed. Coming to that realization I decided what I really wanted was some lockable storage. Just my $.02
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #25
black09 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
black09's Tacoma Gallery
hard decision for me i love caps and i like hard tunneau if i get one on this truck it will be one of the 2
Old 07-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #26
220 - 221 Whatever it takes
mikeyramone is on a distinguished road

mikeyramone's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Advantage Tri Fold and love it. I can remove it by myself and it stores standing in my garage. I had a cap on my previous truck and found that it was a pain in the a$$ to remove and added blind spots to my driving.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
Habitual line-stepper
elevin is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
elevin's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for one right now, I like the looks/sounds of the trifecta, but if they made one like the Undercover but (trifold), I'd be on it like a hobo on a ham sammich...
Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #28
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I like naked the best. Cause when I go eat, I can throw all my trash in the back of the truck through the rear sliding glass. And just clean it up later. Sounds like laziness, but I think its creativity. Better in my bed than in my passenger floor.

Plus it just looks better too. Caps look like SUV's and tonneaus just look weird. Especially hard ones.

But if you need it to serve a purpose, then its all good. But not for me.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division
Oxian is on a distinguished road

Army: Armorer SPC, A Btry 1st of the 82nd Field Artillery, Ft Hood Texas
Oxian's Tacoma Gallery
I just put on a Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover ... i have to say its the shiznit. Keeps my stuff dry and it rolls away so i can haul the big stuff too! the only thing i have a little issue with price. It wasnt the cheapest thing but i can definaly say you get what you pay for.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Im my opinion the soft tenneau covers are not to bad but other than that naked all the way..... the hard tenneau covers make a truck look horrible IMO
Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #31
Trauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to allTrauma85 is a name known to all

Name: Tyler
Trauma85's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the roll up tonneau covers, they look cool and keep your stuff dry/secure and you can roll them up and put a 4 wheeler in the back if you want.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #32
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
if my truck is my girll.. i think all my girls should be naked...no?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #33
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This Leer 100XQ is exactly what I plan to get someday. IMO it's the sexiest cap out there for the short bed.
X2
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #34
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty's Taco View Post
X2
Looks really good man!!! I likey very much.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #35
JohnnyLouder is on a distinguished road
JohnnyLouder's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking about selling my tonneau tri-fold hard cover and buying a BestTop SuperTop...... has anyone heard of anything bad about the soft caps.....
Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #36
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
there is one guy here who has one..he loves it.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #37
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks really good man!!! I likey very much.
Thanks, it's a work in progress. My cap is a necessity for hauling my dogs. We have a local law that dogs can't be in the back of trucks unrestrained incase the jump into traffic. I thought about billet twin dog crates but this looks a lot better and my pups ride with pride
Old 07-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #38
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
so far most of everything that has been in the bed of my truck wouldnt fit with a cap or tonneau, the stuff that would doesnt sitin there long enough to worr about being stolen or damaged by water, i do have the dbl cab so with smaller internal capacities i can see where one of those would be effective but they just arent for me
Old 07-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #39
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
if my truck is my girll.. i think all my girls should be naked...no?
You make a good point.....
Old 07-21-2009, 05:12 AM   #40
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Extang Trifecta! Folds up in no time when you want to haul something, and I've had no trouble with water getting into the bed.

Products Discussed in this Thread