Cap (Soft) 147 5.07%
Tonneau (Hard) 611 21.08%
Tonneau (Soft) 648 22.36%
Naked 909 31.37%
Other: Please write in 64 2.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2898. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Cap, Tonneau, or Naked

I'm trying to determine what I want to do with the bed of my truck. I had a roll-up style tonneau on my previous truck. Liked some features and disliked others. There's advantages of caps, tonneaus, and just plain "naked" or an open bed.

So, let's hear what everyone has to think:
Old 07-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i have a toolbox for weatherproof/securing things but otherwise i like it open so i can just throw things into the bed...it seems to be the best combo
Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Had a truck cap on my 99 reg. cab, and benefited with additional lockable cargo room.

Now I have an roll up cover and find it practical to keep most items out of the weather and being able to quickly haul larger items if needed.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Wondering what I'm going to do with mine too. I'm thinking I'll just leave it open for awhile. I know I don't want a cap, and if I do go with a tonneau it would have to be either roll up or one of those back flip kind because I want to be able to have easy access to the entire bed if I need the space.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
JACKEL142 is on a distinguished road

JACKEL142's Tacoma Gallery
Buck Neked - Commando!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I frequently install and remove my Bestop Supertop
Do you roll w/ a had cap as well, or just the Bestop?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: USMC Detachment
Odin is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3/6 Lima, then Wounded Warrior Regiment
Odin's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer naked since things i normally carry are too tall for either a cap or tonneau cover. Motorcycles mostly...
Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Tri folding soft Tonneau. No regrets here
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my cap with the vented side Windoors. Allows access to the front of the bed through the side windows and will vent the bed going down the road. I will start my critic on Thursday.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
I've always had cab high caps on my trucks and rigged a pulley system in my garage to remove and store it in the ceiling. This time I went with a Leer 550 hardcover. So far, I like it a lot. Everything inside stays completely dry. The cover secures the tailgate and of course locks so everything stays secure.

Take note the rag up top. It hits the door so it's not fully open.

Edit - You do lose the use of the track system with this cover.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #16
It's a MOD, MOD World
stevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to allstevigee is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Stevigee
stevigee's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Trifecta soft tonneau with a pop n lock and I like it a lot. I just got back from vacation and it came in handy for leaving my not to valuble items in the back over night. My thought is out of site out of mind. I wouldnt leave items in that I couldnt afford to lose. Plus I can easily take the cover off and load big loads.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I prefer naked since things i normally carry are too tall for either a cap or tonneau cover. Motorcycles mostly...
what do you use to get the bike in the back....is it a single person ramp or 2 or more?thanks.. i prefer naked as well...
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #18
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO it all depends on what you plan on carrying and how protected you want it to be. Without some description of the planned usage I don't see how one can make an argument one way or the other ...
Old 07-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKEL142 View Post
Buck Neked - Commando!
I love your Boxer in your AVATAR...if I was smart enough I would up load a pic of mine...he's my third one and my second rescue....

Products Discussed in this Thread