Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Long Haul Comfort?

Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #21
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=piercedtiger;42317]hmmmm..... a fellow NY'er....

Yep! !! I'm right down the road from ya in Apalachin
Old 12-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Sweet! Maybe when it warms up enough to weld. heh I need to insulate my barn and get the wood stove setup so it can be used during the winter. I wonder if Gary's has any wrecked tacos.... Seems like I saw one or two smashed ones last winter. Don't recall seeing any in the yard when I walked around during the spring.

hmmmm.... rectangular angle iron frame, some 2x4's for legs, maybe spacers to angle the seats back a little (even less pressure on the back).... This could be good!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:32 AM   #23
keynote22 is on a distinguished road
keynote22's Tacoma Gallery
38k in 7 months.. ima road warrior. I am also missing disk in my lower back. 6'2" 212lbs. TRD off road, 4 door, short bed

I can go about 3 hours before I get a bad case of the squirms. I have the TRD seats which are a huge upgrade. The lumbar support hits me weird but its adjustable so that helps. My back is giving me massive pain these days and the seats help to eliminate some of it.

The seat is nice and long which helps the back of the legs and kiester. I have a 4 door so I can push the seat back which pushes the seat against the bottom of my legs. I wish it would tilt but pushing the seat back is an ok substitute.

They are not the MOST comfortable seats I have been in but they are a huge improvement over most cars and any bench style seat. What is 3qually nice is the placement of the arm rests. they hit me perfectly so I can lean on my arms to change positions.

Compared to other cars I have driven for work (vs my trd seats)
Pontiac grand prix - taco much better
Ford taurus - taco much better
Ford explorer (base model) - equal
Ford escape - better
Ford ranger xlt - equal, although the ford didnt have adjustable lumbar so you couldnt change positions if they got uncomfy.
Olds alero - taco much better
dodge ram - taco better
Ford f150 (98 or 06) - taco better
02 land rover discovery - Taco is much MUCH better for long hauls
Buick century - initially the buick's seats are more comfy but they extra squish makes them less so after a while.
I have had a few sports cars with lots of bolsters and buckets.. I like the taco's better.
C43 AMG Benz - best seats in any car ever beats the taco hands down and they ought to for what they cost designed by an orthopedic surgeon I guess
Old 12-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #24
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
There is no difference in the seats between the TRD sport and TRD off-road pkgs. Both TRD pkgs have the same seats. I use to have lower back pains on long drives but i have taken long drives in the Taco and had no problems. The lumbar support helps alot. As far as getting the cruise and seats in an I4, i'm not positive but ithought that was possible. I thought you could Get a TRD in a 4cyl access cab. Can you not?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #25
Andy42 is on a distinguished road
Andy42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I thought you could Get a TRD in a 4cyl access cab. Can you not?
Nope, I just checked and you gotta get a V6 to get the TRD option.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #26
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy42 View Post
Nope, I just checked and you gotta get a V6 to get the TRD option.
Thats a bummer