Spray painting the bed?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
Cool

lol yeah i understand what you are saying now, i agree with you its a truck, i mean its not like people driving by it can see inside the bed anyway.

Yeah thats all the jeep is for.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #22
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I don't get the bedliner need either.... I mean, all you have to do is look through a rear wheel well to see the bottom braces to know the whole bed looks like an injection molded part.

To me, ALL bed liners are to keep the METAL beds from getting the paint scratched off and rusting. That's IMPOSSIBLE with these beds so why bother? You want to protect the bed AND keep things from sliding around? Buy the bed mat. Mine came with it from the factory and I occasionally take the damn thing out just to slide in heavy options because stoves, refrigerators, etc don't slide on rubber. You do a spray in liner for traction and you've just eliminated that option.

The rubber mat also provides some padding for the cargo or the bed if you just toss things in since it's 1/4" thick rubber with small round "feet" on the bottom. I imagine those squish slightly when weight is applied. That's a far better option than any line, IMO.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #23
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
I have a far better bed liner than the little 1/4 inch ones...
Mine is 1 in thick compounded rubber. they are heavy and work well for protection.
I would just like the rest of the bed to look like new.... or without the scratches...

here is a picture of the bedliner...
Attached Thumbnails
Spray painting the bed?-tacoma-010-800x600-.jpg   Spray painting the bed?-tacoma-011-800x600-.jpg   Spray painting the bed?-tacoma-014-800x600-.jpg  
Old 12-19-2007, 06:05 AM   #24
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson8537 View Post
I have a far better bed liner than the little 1/4 inch ones...
Mine is 1 in thick compounded rubber. they are heavy and work well for protection.
I would just like the rest of the bed to look like new.... or without the scratches...

here is a picture of the bedliner...
Where did you get that? It's not the Toyota one so I'm assuming you made it or had it custom made? I wouldn't even know where to buy a piece of rubber that big.

Also, how much does that sucker weigh? I have the 1/4" one from toyota and that sucker is fairly heavy. I can't imagine a 3/4" (according to your tape measure). I would assume it's 3x's as heavy being 3x's as thick.

But then I guess you never take it out for anything.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #25
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Where did you get that? It's not the Toyota one so I'm assuming you made it or had it custom made? I wouldn't even know where to buy a piece of rubber that big.

Also, how much does that sucker weigh? I have the 1/4" one from toyota and that sucker is fairly heavy. I can't imagine a 3/4" (according to your tape measure). I would assume it's 3x's as heavy being 3x's as thick.

But then I guess you never take it out for anything.
Johnson8537, that is a sweet bedliner you've got!

A reasonably cheap option (and one that I admittedly forgot about when I bought the Toyota mat) would be to go to a local tack shop and buy a rubber horse stall mat. Take that sucker home, cut it to size and shape, and you're set. They're about an inch thick and are made to withstand abuse from a 1000 pound animal with metal shoes that pees a lot.

I use them in the basement to protect the concrete from the free weights. Heck of a lot cheaper than gym floor mats and they're at least as tough. They'd hold up really well in the bed of any truck.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #26
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Johnson8537, that is a sweet bedliner you've got!

A reasonably cheap option (and one that I admittedly forgot about when I bought the Toyota mat) would be to go to a local tack shop and buy a rubber horse stall mat. Take that sucker home, cut it to size and shape, and you're set. They're about an inch thick and are made to withstand abuse from a 1000 pound animal with metal shoes that pees a lot.

I use them in the basement to protect the concrete from the free weights. Heck of a lot cheaper than gym floor mats and they're at least as tough. They'd hold up really well in the bed of any truck.
damn.... I didn't even think of horse mats! Makes sense though as they'd have to pretty big for the pen or a trailer.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
I also never thought of the horse mats.... I just want the tailgate and rest of my bed protected... maybe i will do a plastic liner to set in and then set the rubber mat down...

I bought it at a local Company that melts down rubber tires and recycles them into a bedliner. (its actully at a plywood place.)
You should see the Huge Machine that presses the soft rubber together before it hardens. It squeezes it into a nice hard mat.
I would guess it weighs about 75-100 pounds.

they are fairly cheap for what they are.

53.00 for the Tacomas