Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roll Bars???

Old 04-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #41
Gideon28 is on a distinguished road
Gideon28's Tacoma Gallery
So the roll bar you have wasn't made for an '08 Taco? Does the roll bar take up any of the bed space?
I love your truck, I just finished getting mine lifted with wheels and tires and installed a Kenwood DVD/Navigation screen yesterday. Someone offered to powdercoat the Tacoma badges black to match the paint and also get me a black billeted grill...

Its funny you guys mention Marty's truck cause I have ALWAYS wanted that truck. Roll bar and everything.

Thanks,
Old 04-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #42
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon28 View Post
So the roll bar you have wasn't made for an '08 Taco? Does the roll bar take up any of the bed space?
I love your truck, I just finished getting mine lifted with wheels and tires and installed a Kenwood DVD/Navigation screen yesterday. Someone offered to powdercoat the Tacoma badges black to match the paint and also get me a black billeted grill...

Its funny you guys mention Marty's truck cause I have ALWAYS wanted that truck. Roll bar and everything.

Thanks,
Welcome to the site!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #43
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, Gideon28. I agree that L_Jackson's roll bar (which is technically a show bar because it is not meant to support the truck during a roll over) is awesome looking. It mounts to the top of the bed sides. I don't believe it uses any bed space. He had to remove the caps on top of the bed sides. He then mounted the show bar and cut out a hole in the caps so they would fit back on, around the bar. Hopefully that makes sense. If you find someone selling these be sure to let us know. I have scoured the Internet with no luck.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #44
Thanks for the greeting and the info.

So L_Jackson had to completely custom make and place the roll bar? I have a bunch of buddies in the auto industry and will give it a try and if I find anything I will post it here.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #45
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon28 View Post
Thanks for the greeting and the info.

So L_Jackson had to completely custom make and place the roll bar? I have a bunch of buddies in the auto industry and will give it a try and if I find anything I will post it here.
actually he mentions they were for a dodge dakota.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #46
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys....

i haven't been on much lately.... got a 98 harley and i've customizing that thing.....

yeah i stumbled across the roll bar on craigslist here in houston... the posting said it was for a dodge dakota, around an 05 i think....

anyway, i asked the guy for the distance between bars, and measured my truck, and it seemed to measure up...

i bought it, and had to reverse it. i think i've got pics up where the back bar sat up about 6 inches off the bed and the bracket was all warped....

i reversed the bars and it sat flush on the bed. i drilled out two big holes on each bed rail cover plastic thing, so the bars would sit down in the plastic bed rail.

then i drilled smaller holes for bolts in the metal bed rail. put plastic rail back on, set my roll bar in them, and bolted it up from the bottom......

i lucked out finding it.... i searched and searched and always came up empty handed... i found this one and JUMPED on it... didn't really have the money, but new it might be a one time shot so i got it. i really lucked out cause it came with two KC lights... i paid $125 for the bar and lights, and sold the lights on ebay for 75 bucks, so i really gave 50 bucks for it.....
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #47
So they dont make Roll Bars for any newer Tacoma is what you are saying...dangit. I'll keep my eye out.

Now I just need to find a place that sells good aftermarket fog lights. Maybe its just me but I think green or blue fog lights would be sick.

Thanks for the replies all. Fastest responding Taco site out there garan-damn-teed.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #48
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
they make some, just not like mine.... looks like a avelanch back or something.....
Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #49
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Taco will roll just fine.
I do wear a vest.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #50
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures have come in. Attached is a shot of danusa's sweet overhead Big Sky gun rack.
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Bars???-big-sky-gunrack.jpg  
Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #51
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Pictures have come in. Attached is a shot of danusa's sweet overhead Big Sky gun rack.
Thanks. The Big Sky racks are just right. You can wear a Stetson under them.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #53
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
I really want that on my truck. I cant find any. I have checked everywhere. The few i found it wont actually let me order it.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #54
Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division
Oxian is on a distinguished road

Army: Armorer SPC, A Btry 1st of the 82nd Field Artillery, Ft Hood Texas
Oxian's Tacoma Gallery
one of these days we will get what we want.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #55
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxian View Post
one of these days we will get what we want.
Finally found one!!!! Needs some work. Will post pics when I get it fixed up. Here is what I have at the moment.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #57
Batman

It sticks about 5 inches above the cab. I dont know if I will liket hat look or not. I will post pics to see what everyone thinks.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #59
raynorshine15 is on a distinguished road
raynorshine15's Tacoma Gallery
anyone been able to locate this dakota roll bar? this looks great on the tacoma and i cant seem to locate a roll bar for a dakota to where i could even begin modifying it for the tacoma...
Old 10-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #60
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tommy
hillbilly taco's Tacoma Gallery
roll bar

this one came out of a ford ranger fit perfect