Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roll Bars???

Old 12-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #1
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Roll Bars???

Personally, i think roll bars kick @ss!!!!!! our trucks have been out since 05, how come no one makes a set for our truck yet?? or do they and i just cant find 'em??

I want some that look like this pic.....

what does everyone else think?
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Bars???-roll1.jpg  
Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
marty mcfly had those on his truck i think
Old 12-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #3

LMAO!!!!! good ol' marty, now i really want some. maybe i can get up to 88mph in the dilorian and go back and get his
Old 12-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen those pic'd on a blue DC. they were ok but i wouldnt spend the money. black mite look bettr. but i did see some on a taco.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
WildcaTaco is on a distinguished road
WildcaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The reason no one has them is due to how our trucks are built. That is with the composite bed, won't bear the weight that roll bars would put on it, that is unless you cut it all up and went down the frame then it probably would. At least that is how it has always been explained to me.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Go marty !
Old 12-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
LMAO!!!!! good ol' marty, now i really want some. maybe i can get up to 88mph in the dilorian and go back and get his
you will need a flux capacitor. but heres a hilux with one
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Bars???-hilux.jpg  
Old 12-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #8

it appears our beds to do not have enough jiggawatts..
GREAT SCOTT!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #9

I got a roll bar!!!!! it looks a little funny in the back, it stops a couple inches too high, guy said it was bought for his son's dakota, but never installed it and sold the truck.

i don't get it, all beds, dodge, ford, etc, all have straight flat bed rails, step sides included?? maybe it was cut to customize a fit for a tool box or somethin, i don't know.

anyway, i just sat it up on my bed, took some pics, and put it in the garage.... have to figure out exactly how to mount it later, and i'm gonna try to adjust the bars and stuff, see if i can get them both straight so maybe they run parallel with each other and it's stickin out in mid air.

if not, gonna see if a shop will cut me a piece to screw into the bottom to make it go completely to the bed, not real sure yet, got some thinkin and modin' to do.

also, gonna take out those two center lights, and get 4 matchin lights across the top. i thought if i couldn't fab. it so the back bar runs all the way to bed, i'd resale it. but i've changed my mind, worse comes to worse i'm gonna mount it as is.

sorry for the pics being crap, just took them and it's dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Bars???-roll1.jpg   Roll Bars???-roll2.jpg   Roll Bars???-roll3.jpg   Roll Bars???-roll4.jpg  
Old 01-07-2008, 06:53 AM   #10

here are some better pics during the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Bars???-roll5.jpg   Roll Bars???-roll6.jpg   Roll Bars???-roll7.jpg   Roll Bars???-roll8.jpg  
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Roll bars or show bars? Note that most of the off-the-shelf stuff will not do a thing to protect you in the event of a rollover.

*Please Please Please* don't consider them to be a safety feature once installed! Thin wall tubing not attached directly to the frame is good for holding lights, but I wouldn't even trust it as a grab point for my idiot friends riding in the bed.

Protective roll cages are not bolt-in affairs, and for that reason you won't find many companies willing to put in the R&D to develop them. All-Pro makes one for the Gen 1 Tacomas, but for the Gen 2 rigs you're looking at a full custom fabrication job.

My $0.02.
Attached Thumbnails
Roll Bars???-img_1990.jpg   Roll Bars???-img_1996.jpg  
Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #12

thanks for the input, but yeah it is strictly to hold lights and add chrome to the back
Old 01-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #13
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
And except for that back bar being too short, they look sweet. Hopefully you can get that back bar extended. I am looking forward to how you finally get it accomplished. I think those would look sharp on my truck...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #14

the back bar is too short cuz some idiot put it together backwards!!! they put the long bar in the front and the short bar in the front. i am working on modifing the top brackets that hold the top of the bars together as well as the lights, modifing them so the bolt holes will line up correctly and then i'm gonna have to do something with that bottom bracket that is bent.

i don't know if they fabricated the brackets and that is why they are wrong, i don't understand. there is no way it was originally designed that way

i don't know... i'll keep everyone posted on my progress
Old 01-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
dont know if i'm diggin that look jax. but your truck is lookin pretty damn sweet.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
`

rick's Tacoma Gallery
after looking at the night pics. i think it may look good.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 AM   #17
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Roll bar

Big Sky makes them.
I am more interested in something to hang a gun rack from and a four point harness.
They are bolted to the frame.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:19 AM   #18
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! I want a roll bar so bad! I love that look. Never could find one either though. You give me hope! Not that I can afford custom....
Old 01-09-2008, 05:38 AM   #19
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Cool! I want a roll bar so bad! I love that look. Never could find one either though. You give me hope! Not that I can afford custom....
These are for cops. They are not that pricy.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #20
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I was referring to the roll bars not the gun racks--sorry for the mix up! Unless I missed something, Big Sky is all gun racks.