1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota blu logic bluetooth

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cjimenRR, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Oct 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport DC
    Should be stereo. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I have an A2DP headset that is stereo to my iPhone...so I knows it's possible.

2. Oct 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    mich3210

mich3210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Now that would be sweet!! I'd be interested to know the same thing.

3. Oct 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    JasonJump

JasonJump Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Yukon Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 D Cab Debadged
    Billy 5100's set at 2.5, iPhone innerface, TRD Sport wheels powdercoated Anthracite grey wrapped in 265/70/17 Duratracs, Custom Sliders
    Well yeah I know the iPhone is capable, most A2DP devices are, but I wonder if the bluetooth setup they are all talking about would support it.... please give us an update! I'm anxious

4. Oct 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport DC
    ***UPDATE****UPDATE***

Well I picked up my Rostra ConVerse and it works perfectly with my 2006 Tacoma Non-JBL. I can also confirm that my USA Spec iPod interface still works and plays music, and that the ConVerse A2DP profile is in stereo (at least from my iPhone 4 it is...). For the A2DP the ConVerse mutes the stereo (all 4 channels) and streams the music through the front two speakers only (same as when on a bluetooth call). Volume is controlled by the iPhone 4, and is not very loud, but is adequate if I am too lazy to plug the phone into the USA Spec Ipod Adapter. ***UPDATE I Figured out how to adjust the Volume on A2DP Streaming - I've got it turned up and I can get it as loud as the factory stereo now...Nice***

Here are the install pics:

This picture is the Drivers Side A-Pillar Trim. I removed it to run the mic cable. I installed the mic above the Rear-View Mirror.
    [​IMG]
    Mic Installation position (Goes on with double sided-tape)
    [​IMG]
    Lower Dash Trim Removed and Switch Blank Removed. Control Button Wiring has been fed through...
    [​IMG]
    Control Button installed. Fits Perfectly, just pops in. Looks very OEM to me...
    [​IMG]
    This is the back of the Non-JBL Head Unit. The two plugs nearest the stereo are the factory wires that unplug from the head unit and plug back into the Rostra supplied Y-Harness.
    [​IMG]
    This is the Rostra Converse Y-Harness
    [​IMG]
    Here is the Control Box. Everything runs into this box.
    [​IMG]

and that's it. Installation took maybe 45 minutes. Turns on and connects to my phone as soon as I turn on the truck and sound clarity is good so far. I'll keep anybody interested updated on overall goodness or crappyness of the unit.

I think that this is the Same as the BluLogic unit for 2007-2008 trucks, it appears that the 2009 unit has an extra cable harness, 3 plugs instead of 2...

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    You can use the blulogic bluetooth with the Satellite Radio option as well. I have mine set up that way.

6. Jan 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    bizjettech

bizjettech Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    Hey, check out this link

http://www.toyota.com/accessories/featured/blulogic-handsfree.html

From Toyota (see link)
    "BLU Logic conflicts with all JBL® audio systems and some navigation systems. Furthermore, the vehicle must have at least one switch blank or “knock-out” plate that can be used for installation of the BLU Logic switch"

7. Jan 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    for those of use with the 2010 and up with no switch blanks but the small one beside the a-trac button www.trdparts4u.com now offers a small blue logic button to fit there...and does anyone know if this will work with the factory i-pod adaptor?

8. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    ChuckD05

ChuckD05 Active Member

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD Offroad V6
    Anyone know if this would work with the Steering Wheel mounted controls? I assume it would if I were to purchase those as well.

9. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    kevcarp

kevcarp Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    '11 White Double cab, long bed, TRD Sport
    Heated leather, S/S running boards, Roof-rack, window rain guards, tri-fold bed-cover, internal blutooth for phone and MP3 player, rear camera on, driver mag-lite, blackened badges.
    Mine is a '11 Tacoma, no JBL, but do have XM satellite radio. They (Fred Anderson Toyota, Raleigh, NC) installed Blulogic for me no problem, and I still have satellite radio. Not sure why your dealer wouldn't be able to do it.

10. Mar 30, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    I don't think so.

The OEM steering wheel controls for bluetooth are made for plugging into a harness in the steering column that in turn plugs into the back of the JBL audio headunit. There is no additional wire run to the head unit.

The Blue-logic requires plugging an additional wiring look into the AVC-LAN 12 pin socket on the back of the non-JBL head units to mute the audio for calls.

The AVC-LAN connector was unused on my 2011 Tacoma, and I'm 99% certain the JBL audio option Bluetooth does not use another audio unit plug, it uses existing wiring - at least on my wife's 2008 4-Runner with JBL.

It's this use of the AVC-LAN bus that causes Toyota to warn about Nav and satellite sources - some versions of them must take control of the AVC-LAN bus and won't give it up for the Bluetooth interrupt. Since some people report Sat audio works, it must be that some units are better behaved than others when it comes to sharing the bus.

The above is opinion based on having Blu-Logic non-JBL, and JBL with Bluetooth, in two different vehicles, and not because I have any inside info or documentation so stating.

11. Mar 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    tarandus

tarandus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montucky
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD DCab OR Supah White
    ProComp/Headstrong leveling kit, AllPro rock sliders.
    I know this is an ancient thread, but if anyone still cares, do you know if its possible to do an upgrade for XM, bluetooth, and MP3 by replacing an '08 JBL HU with a later model, like '10 or 11? How about just an '09? Thanks!

12. Apr 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM
    hawaiian_fantasy

hawaiian_fantasy Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
    Skid Plate, HID Lights
    Nice....Im looking into getting this. Does anyone know how I can set up my 2008 Tacoma to have the Back Up Camera like the 09 and up? I want mines to be as close to OEM if not original

13. Apr 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    tarandus

tarandus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montucky
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD DCab OR Supah White
    ProComp/Headstrong leveling kit, AllPro rock sliders.
    I'm mainly thinking about cost. A new stock HU is about $300, but not sure cost of adding camera, bluetooth, etc. An aftermarket HU would be awesome, but to get a decent one with those features would be closer to $1000...but I can't find out if the later ones are compatible with an '08 or not. Dealership says no, but other vendors say yes with '08 and up...

14. May 2, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    excalis

excalis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Just installed a Blu Logic unit that I purchased from a member here on the forum (84Hilux, Thanks man!) and it worked great on my OEM radio 6 disc changer with built in XM radio. He had pulled it out of his 2009 Tacoma (part# PT923-00098), and I ordered the small button (part# PT923-00090-SW) from TRDParts4U.

So far it works great, my calls can be heard clearly, phone connects and reconnects (Epic 4G), mutes the existing audio source while making a call then back up once finished. I have not tried the A2DP since I really don't have a need for that, I may try it later just to see if it works well or not. I mounted the mic on the plastic cover for the backup camera mirror.

Just wanted to post my result in case someone needed to know about compatibility with the 2011 OEM 6 disc radio/built in XM. The manual has the Toyota brand name on it along with the Blu Logic as well.

*update*

The A2DP worked well, the sound quality was decent but could be better using a different player with some sound adjustments. The volume was controlled via the phone not the OEM radio, at least on my setup. When you begin playing a song, it mutes the radio as if it were on a call. Once you stop the player it reverts back to your original source audio.

15. Nov 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DC Long Bed
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAT Back delete with headers and stainless exhaust

Products Discussed in

To Top