Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

exhaust/flowmaster

Old 07-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Taco89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nik
Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust/flowmaster

i just got a flowmaster installed on my 08 v6 tacoma and when i start up my car the exhaust looks like its loose, is that normal?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco89 View Post
i just got a flowmaster installed on my 08 v6 tacoma and when i start up my car the exhaust looks like its loose, is that normal?
Okay it looks like its loose or sounds loose? I have a flowmaster 50 series dual on mine.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you mean when you start up your car and the exhaust physically moves then yes, it is normal. The exhaust is not hard mounted to the vehicle. It is attached via rubber hangers or bushings etc. If the exhaust was hard mounted to your car you would not enjoy the drive.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #4

Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
its loose, yeah it has a rubber hanger, okay thanks i was just wondering.... can i ask why i wouldnt enjoy the ride if it was hard mounted??
Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Normal. It should shake a bit.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
can i ask why i wouldnt enjoy the ride if it was hard mounted??
Well, you see that the exhaust shakes. You wouldn't want it vibrating your cabin.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
How did you get it so solid? I've tried everything I can think of with mine and even had a shop re-bend some of the pipes and it still smacks into my springs and drives me nuts.

I wish i spent the extra money for a TRD one that I know would have fit right
Old 07-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post
How did you get it so solid? I've tried everything I can think of with mine and even had a shop re-bend some of the pipes and it still smacks into my springs and drives me nuts.

You can twist and/or slide the clamps around some to pull the pipes away from the springs and spring perches. It's a pretty tight fit between the two so they're bound to hit.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #10

Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
just the muffler
Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post

My husband and I did the best we could with positioning. After a few weeks, I took the truck to a local garage who used a pry bar to twist things a bit more. That gave me about 1/2" clearance on both sides. It's not much but it's not hitting anything. I had the shop stitch weld the joints together. It's been good ever since.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #12
1sicktaco is on a distinguished road
1sicktaco's Tacoma Gallery
how do your flowmasters sound guys? deep and throaty or like an import exhaust?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #13
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicktaco View Post
i have a 40 series and it sounds nice and deep.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicktaco View Post
Search Youtube.... and there's a thread somewhere on this forum with clips.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
1sicktaco is on a distinguished road
1sicktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Should I use this as a new quote?
lol
Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #18
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Mine is pretty solid. I can grab my tips and they don't move.

LoL
I liked this one much better, but to each their own !!

<sorry Janster, its Monday...>
Old 07-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #19
matt45648 is on a distinguished road
matt45648's Tacoma Gallery
I have the cat back... Pretty satisfied. Figured i couldnt expect much as I only spent $100 for it.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post

LoL
I liked this one much better, but to each their own !!

<sorry Janster, its Monday...>
hehehehehe...

To have solid tips at my age.... I'm in heaven.

(but I think I was daydreaming)