Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blacking out

Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Blacking out

Before I black out my truck, I need to know what to get to black out my truck, sand paper, paint etc

I want to black out my wheels, bullbar, side steps and lights
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a fine grit of sand paper... something to where the paint can cling on to. (emblems)

I got some primer+paint for plastics.

Metal..... we went over this while I was in Home Depot last week
Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
krylon fusion for plastic in black for emblems.

oh btw, good luck! black ftw
Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
what about for chrome like my bullbar and side steps
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
sandpaper and metal spray paint
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
mwestin72 is on a distinguished road
mwestin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mwestin72
Talking let

the monkeys do it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
sandpaper and metal spray paint
like rustoleum
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
like rustoleum
yeah... or Krylon(sp?)
Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
get the nfab steps!
how much are those?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
i think 350. sell ur steps and save up for the difference. the nfab steps are black soo it looks sick to me. unless ur going to get sliders
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
anestech* will become famous soon enough
anestech*'s Tacoma Gallery
scotchbrite works great for the emblems, and BHLM
Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

another suggestion is bedliner..

i used bedliner on my skid plate and it came out great, doesn't scratch, doesn't chip...

i used plasticote textured bedliner that i picked up at walmart, it comes out a satin black color and will be textured so it won't look smooth and shiny..

otherwise i think you'll have a loosing battle with rock chips... with the bedliner it should be one and done
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
another suggestion is bedliner..

i used bedliner on my skid plate and it came out great, doesn't scratch, doesn't chip...

i used plasticote textured bedliner that i picked up at walmart, it comes out a satin black color and will be textured so it won't look smooth and shiny..
Did you use a brush-on or spray on bedliner? I was thinking about using something like a Herculiner brush on bedliner for sliders and bull bar, but wasn't sure if it would come out as good as a spray-on...
Old 07-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
get 600 grit sand paper
Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
bradley,

i used a spray can, but i knew going in that my skid plate isn't looked at all that much, but it came out looking fine... it's like a spray can on roids, you need to keep the can back really far to get nice coats, just follow the instructions on the can..

good luck!