Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mean employees

Old 12-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
dbatt is on a distinguished road
dbatt's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Mean employees

So I've had my Tacoma for 6 months love it . Radiant red TRD 4 door. Anyway I'm a supervisor where I work and of course sometimes you piss people off but I never expected them to take it out on my brand new 6 month old truck. They keyed it on the driver's side both doors the scratch on back door is 6 inches the other is about a foot and a half on the drivers door basically down to the metal. What sucks is I know who did it but can't prove it and all they will do at my work is file a report. I'm taking it to the body shop on Monday to see what the damage($$) will be. I will now will drive my 1977 Ford truck to work so nothing more can happen to my baby 'cuz if it happens again I may not be able to wait for KARAMA to handle it. Anyway I was really mad at first and did want to beat some heads now I am presently sad about the whole thing. I know it's just a truck but I love my truck and this just sucks. Anyway I know I can get it fixed but will be afraid to drive it back to work. I know the two peolple who did it will get theirs eventually but god how mean. Anyway thanks for allowing me to vent. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks. I don't have nearly the patience you have.

Good luck with the repair and let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that sucks dbatt! Karma just isn't fast enough most of the time. Good luck getting it fixed. Happy Holidays back at ya...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
That does suck. Sorry to hear that. There's a similar thing happening at my workplace. I havn't been keyed yet, but if it happens and I know who did it, there will be no Karma and no reports. Someone WILL swallow their teeth.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Nitro_rc is on a distinguished road

Nitro_rc's Tacoma Gallery
WOW..that sucks. I too manage 7 other people at my work. When I'm not riding my Ninja, I drive my Taco and always park it where I can keep an eye on it. Hope your company re-emburst you for the repair, try talking to your HR dept. and see what they say.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
sandie is on a distinguished road

sandie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sandie Send a message via Yahoo to sandie Send a message via Skype™ to sandie
wow, that does suck...what the heck did you do to piss this person off?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #7
vivafire is on a distinguished road

vivafire's Tacoma Gallery
I feel for you man.Hell I want to beat someone up when rocks fly and hit my truck on the highway.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 AM   #8
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I'd return the favor with a four nails under each tire. When they back up, pop, all four tires gone at once.

What a bad day indeed. Pay for tow, pay for tires, balance, stems, labor.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #10
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
That totally sucks--I know cuz I've been there. Same thing happened to my 2000 taco (my first baby). I'm a teacher, and I know it was a student due to timing, etc. but also couldn't prove it. He/she did it twice, two separate occasions. Besides, its not "just a truck", it IS your baby and beyond that it's a personal attack as well and that hurts alot. People suck sometimes. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do beyond fixing it and having fantasies of revenge (unless real revenge is a possibility *evil grin*). Probably a good idea, as you said, to drive your Ford instead.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, the thought even hurts a dude in the frozen North. You did the right thing. No vendetta or revenge is the best approach since you did not witness the event. Their turn will come.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #12
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about that. It does offer the perfect opportunity for me to ask about something i've been pondering for a while. Does anyone know of a security system that uses cameras placed in the cab? I've wanted to install camera(s) on my vehicle since a similar incident a few years back but haven't figured out the logistics. I was thinking that there should be some type of motion sensitive spy cam available that would record to a flash drive or something. Hidden is preferred and you should be able to disabled it when you are in the vehicle (but not automatically in the case of theft). Just wondering if anyone else has this particular occasional paranoia as well?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about that. Personally i have no problem with "vigilante justice" as long as you're positive you know who did it. the nail in the tire was a good idea.

chillechopper: you're looking at ALOT of money and work. probably not worth the effort.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #14
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh. I know it's not worth the money on the cost vs. potential cost recovery analysis but on the cost of system vs. getting to (with zero doubt of guilt) enact revenge, i.e. deliver Karma in a bag analysis, it pays for itself in one use. Besides, it's cheaper than going to a therapist to discuss pent-up rage issues

In all seriousness, I'm just wondering about the availability of technology. I know it exists but have yet to find it easily accessable. There are plenty of potential uses for a system like that.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #15
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I would just let it go. You run the risk of that a-hole coming back and going overboard. Before you know it, your brake lines will be cut. If the turd had no problem keying your car, I have no doubt that he will take it further. Reasoning with those people is near impossible.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #16
dbatt is on a distinguished road
dbatt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everybody for you response. I will let Karama take care of it all. I did go by the body shop and it'll be in the shop for repairs after Xmas. My insurance is covering it and it's little or no money out of my pocket. When I see the two who did it which I will I'm going to kill them with kindness give them something to think about wonder why she's so nice to us. Anyway happy holidays to all.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #17
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbatt View Post
I'm going to kill them with kindness give them something to think about wonder why she's so nice to us. Anyway happy holidays to all.
Yeah, bake a cake with an overdose of xlax just for them and lock down the washroom or remove all the toilet paper rolls. Happy holidays!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #18
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really sorry this happened.These two are cowards and it will come back to them.If that happened to me I'd be hurt and angry too.Stay strong and do what you feel is right.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
You certainly are a kinder person than I am, I kind of take the John Wayne approach and "wup dat ass" making sure I would end that war right then and there. Ho Ho Ho
Old 12-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #20
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Many moons ago, this girl I was dating had a psycho of an ex-boyfriend who just happened to be a rent-a-cop for campus security, and wouldn't you know it. Damned if every time I was there visiting her overnight if I didn't wind up with a bogus campus parking ticket.

Well after a few months of this, and reports to his supervisor with nothing being done, I took karma into my own hands. I removed all four valve cores from his truck as well as all the campus police cars. Taped three of them to the windshield of each car with a note that read "Do you know what these are, where they go, and where you can go get one more?"

Wouldn't you know that after that the parking tickets stopped.

Karma is too slow. I am older and wiser now, but if someone keyed my truck I think I'd still have to exact my "pound of flesh."

dbatt, you are a bigger person than I am, and I honor you for it.

Happy holidays to you as well.