Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Great in snow

Old 12-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Great in snow

Well today was the true test for my tacoma, with my new revos on it i drove it more then 75 miles today in over 16 inches of snow. Highway back roads and even some drifts. The most i found today was around 4 feet of drifts. Well long story short this truck is amazing in the snow and never even once bogged down. I have never driven it in more then 5 inches. It passed my winter driving test very good! I say it again, i love this truck.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
LL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the rough
LL7's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday was the first real test for mine as well. With the stock tires on it was great in the snow. Braked strong on a packed base. Dug through 10 inches of thick snow. Pushed through the thick crud piled up by the plow truck. However there was one hill where they salted instead of just plowing. This turned the snow to a layer of slush. Going down this hill the ABS was on the whole time and I almost didn't get stopped in time to make my turn. Really took me by surprise after how well it did in the snow. I don't know if there was ice under the slush, but it didn't look like it.

So now I am thinking I might need to get a decent set of Snow and Ice tires. Any recommendations? I've had Blizaks on some of my cars and loved them. Do these work well for a truck as well?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

Yesterday i was onm a slushy hill and she stopped fine. I have bridstone at dueler revos.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
We had a nasty snow storm last weekend. I was doing about 40 MPH this morning and the truck fish tailed on black ice and spun out clockwise and into a ditch at about 5:30 am in the country. Thankfully, there was a Chevy following me at a distance who came to my rescue with a chain.

Thank god, no visible damage to the truck since it hit a snow bank. 4LO did very little since both drivers side wheels were in the ditch. The truck now has a slight vibration at about 65 MPH. It could be the snow that's packed into the rims thats causing it. Will wait and see.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #5

Snow im rims, mine is packed underneath and on the sides as i was really having fun in the snow yesterday hence the i love it in the snow fourm. HA
Old 12-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
We had a nasty snow storm last weekend. I was doing about 40 MPH this morning and the truck fish tailed on black ice and spun out clockwise and into a ditch at about 5:30 am in the country. Thankfully, there was a Chevy following me at a distance who came to my rescue with a chain.

Thank god, no visible damage to the truck since it hit a snow bank. 4LO did very little since both drivers side wheels were in the ditch. The truck now has a slight vibration at about 65 MPH. It could be the snow that's packed into the rims thats causing it. Will wait and see.
You are a real lucky man mister Master! !! 5:30 am is no time to be hanging out in a ditch! !! Hope you didn't damage your Taco

Don G
Old 12-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Glad both you and your truck are OK...Good luck with the vibe problem.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The truck now has a slight vibration at about 65 MPH. It could be the snow that's packed into the rims thats causing it. Will wait and see.
It could be some snow packed in the rims....

With my Dodge Ram, I tried to back out of the driveway overtop the plow pile that was about 2' (or more) deep and crusty. The rear-end got over it but the front end sank IN it. After rocking it countless times back-n-forth, I gunned it and finally got out. How embarrassing. Neighbors came out ....

Driving to work, I had one hell of a vibration. The steering wheel was shaking like crazy. Sure enough - I had a LARGE chunk of ice/snow stuck in my front wheel.