Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" All Pro AAL or 2.75" OME... which one is "better"

Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
3" All Pro AAL or 2.75" OME... which one is "better"

I've been doing a bit of research and am trying to get someone who's done their homework to chime in. All Pro offers a "rear kit" with longer brake lines, but they are "not designed for weight carrying capability".
The OME kit doesn't come with longer brake lines, but it comes w/ a diffy spacer.

I'm trying to figure out why 0.25" on one requires longer brake lines and not the other. Also, how do you find out the "weight carrying capabilities" of each of the spring packs?

I'll end up doing as much off roading as I will hauling so that may factor in...
Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
The All pro packs are specifically designed to be flexy for offroading. The Dakar packs are supposed to be flexy, but retain the load capacity better- Less flexy but that means they hold weight better. I don't know that there is a place that says Xlbs tho...

Really any rear lift should have extended brake lines if you going to be off roading/flexing the rear end. You can do without- but it's a good idea.