Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water Spots??

Old 07-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
I'd rather be diving than working..
UpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UpstateTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Water Spots??

Newbie here, first post, dont have a tacoma just yet, will be buying one in march, still debating on the magentic gray or the speedway blue. So here goes

Does anyone have any issues with water spots? Whats the best way to remove them? I usually see them on higher miles cars once they hit 50,000 or more. Will leaving a tacoma out in the sun really hurt the paints or anything?

The reason why I ask is because my garage is too small to fit a tacoma. It fits my 96 jeep cherokee, and my wifes Matrix. The truck will be mostly used for weekend driving and some week days driving, since the wife wants to keep the jeep as a back up. I rather put miles on the jeep so i can keep the tacoma young for a long time haha.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, as long as I chamois after washing I never have had any water spots. Just wash it regularly and throw some wax on couple times a year and she will shine for quite a few years down the road.

Oh and welcome to TW!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
UpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What about when it rains? Does everyone run outside after it rains with a cloth? haha I had to say that.. Yes I do own a good collection of clothes to dry cars off, but whats the best way to get them off windows? Thats the most annoying part.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I don't know what kind of rain you get down in the south but here it doesn't leave water spots haha. The spots you see after driving in the rain is not the water, it's the road dirt and grime that was kicked up from people in front of you and settles after the water has evaporated on the truck. Sorry, I guess I am little confused on what the problem is maybe someone else will chime in...
Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #5

Thats a good point. If anyone had any idea of how to remove water spots off windows, would be greatly appericated. Its not just for future reference, but wifes car has tons of water spots on her window. The body is silver so you cant see it.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
The only water spot problems I have is on the freakin' seats. I shampooed mine the other day with a bissel little green machine steam cleaner thing...it took out the spill-spots but left an even bigger ring around where it got the seat wet! I even shop-vac'd as much extra water out of it as i could...I guess I need some Wet Okole's.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #7

I have always found this to work, clean the whole seat at the same time. had the same problem with the wife's matrix, but once i shampooed the entire seat, then it came up with no problem. I love wet okole, and plan to get some when i get my truck. Any ideas on the speedway blue or the magentic gray, as for hiding dirt and grimes?